The Official Questions Thread

stevon

Hi,

Could you PLEASE put all questions about the nominations here please. It makes it easier for me to answer them and to tally up the votes and not having to read through pages of conversation/questions/responces/etc.

The first nominations will be up shortly. Before asking a question, check the How the UKFF Awards work thread to make sure your question hasn't already been addressed by Moorish.

Thanks.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Awards Moderator

What about Harry Smith? He's spent the last 10 years of his life in Canada & His mother is canadian but his father is British. DOES HE COUNT?

To paraphrase Paul Merton, my furniture comes from Sweden, can I be Swedish?

Does it make sense to allow a poster more than one nomination in any given topic? I'm referring to the UK wrestler of the year topic. I'm concerned it could lead to manipulation of the nominations. For instance someone could post their ten mates they wrestle with and that's not really fair on the other posters who've made nomination (you know what some of the people on here are like bigging up their promotions and co-workers). In some topics it is going to be hard to make just one nomination but surely that's the point of year end awards. I hardly watch any WWE for example and I think I'd be really annoyed if in a match of the year section after whittling down all the top matches to just one a few posters then go on and list teir top ten WWE matches. It's going to be hard to get any puro or indie matches in the finals anyway due to the fact that much more people only watch WWE anyway. This isn't having a go at WWE fans or the MOTY award, just something I was thinking about.

• Awards Moderator

Does it make sense to allow a poster more than one nomination in any given topic?

I have to agree - one member one vote, just like 90s politics.Seriously, I don't see why you can just lay down fifty names and have them all counted.

• Admin

Does it make sense to allow a poster more than one nomination in any given topic?

I have to agree - one member one vote, just like 90s politics.Seriously, I don't see why you can just lay down fifty names and have them all counted.
Well in order to automate the voting with a poll we can only give a maximum of 10 options (limitations of the board's software). Remember this is just the nominations - if people are trying to get their mates in then unless a considerable amount of people have named the same person they won't be on the shortlist - and even if they are they won't have a chance of winning it because hardly anyone will know who they are.