The Official Questions Thread

stevon

Does it make sense to allow a poster more than one nomination in any given topic?

I don't see what harm it does.

I'm referring to the UK wrestler of the year topic.  I'm concerned it could lead to manipulation of the nominations.  For instance someone could post their ten mates they wrestle with and that's not really fair on the other posters who've made nomination (you know what some of the people on here are like bigging up their promotions and co-workers).

Almost certainly will, but they still only get one vote from that person, so unless (as Moorish has said) a significant amount of people vote for that person they won't get into the final poll.

In some topics it is going to be hard to make just one nomination but surely that's the point of year end awards.

These are just the nominations, the most popular ten (maximum) voted for in the nominations will be put on a final poll to determine the winner.

I hardly watch any WWE for example and I think I'd be really annoyed if in a match of the year section after whittling down all the top matches to just one a few posters then go on and list teir top ten WWE matches.  It's going to be hard to get any puro or indie matches in the finals anyway due to the fact that much more people only watch WWE anyway. 

Theres no too much I can actually do about that, its just down to the exposure of the match and the promotion. You can only vote and hope for the best, its just like in politics, you may think your party has the best policies and such, but everyones still going to vote Labour/Conservatives/etc. at the end of the day.As I say, theres nothing anyone can really do about it, so sorry :(

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I accept your point Stevon, it just seems a little easier to have each poster make one nomination only. I've thought long and hard about my 'Match Of The Year' and I'd hate to see the runners-up not on the nominations board. My point is it would be tempting for me to throw in about 10 nominations just to get them out there as there are bound to be people who post 10 WWE matches, which already have the advantage of more people seeing them (nothing you can do about that obviously) Seeing as it's the top 10 nominations that get on the short list I think this is a fairer way of getting to the top 10. Perhaps I'm thinking baout it too much lol!

You have a fair point, although I asked Moorish when we were setting up the whole thing and he said they could vote for more than one and obviously it has its disadvantages, but I'm sure it won't effect the final result too much.

• Admin

If we were to say that people could only suggest one match only then that would make the whole nomination stage completely defunct.The point is to give people the freedom to put forward their favourite matches of the year and we will then develop a shortlist for voting from that.

Just like to update everyone a little...Theres not a lot of votes between being nominated and not being nominated at all. Because so many people are voting for the same thing (ie. Jonny Storm) that leaves the rest really competing for the votes and ultimately nomination for the final poll. Even some of the matches with 4 votes that have qualified so far, could lose out by other matches (currently with three nominations) getting an extra vote, then there would be more than 10 in total with 4 or more votes and the final poll won't have the full ten in them.What I am saying is, your vote does count and make sure you vote for ANY matches or wrestlers that you thought were top class this year.

Edited by stevon

Suggestion for a new award category (if not this year, then next): Best Commerical Release.This would cover all the wrestling-related films sold during the year that were available for sale on tape or DVD before they were first aired on TV or PPV. This would primarily be profile DVDs, anthologies of old material (e.g. WWE cage match DVD), shoot interviews, and documentaries. The award wouldn't really be aimed at wrestling shows, but they'd be eligible if they were produced primarily for sale on tape or DVD (e.g. most releases from UK promotions). Shows produced primarily for PPV or TV and then getting a commercial release later (e.g. WWE and TNA PPVs) would not be eligible.The reason I think it's a good idea to start doing this now is that WWE in particular have done a load of good stuff in this area this year, and will probably continue to so in future as the home DVD market gets even bigger.Any thoughts?

Just finished doing the biggest loser of 04. Can people PLEASE make it clear who they're voting for? I am going to have to impliment some sort of "put the persons name in bold". If you have a comment to make, then make sure its clear who you're voting for first, as its REALLY annoying when its unclear and I cant add your vote unless it is.Oh... Next 4 are open.

I won't be putting any new nominations up 'till after Christmas. This is due to other peoples commitments through the holiday season and my own :)It would be unfair with only a fraction of the normal voters voting. I'll try and fit one in between Christmas and New Year though.