Paid Members JNLister Posted January 4, 2005 Paid Members Posted January 4, 2005 As usualy, we need a definition of 'Rookie'. For example, Gene Snitsky made his pro debut in 1997, Eugene started in 1998 and Carlito Colon debuted in 2000.Presumably the award is more 'WWE newcomer of the year'.
stevon Posted January 4, 2005 Author Posted January 4, 2005 As usualy, we need a definition of 'Rookie'. For example, Gene Snitsky made his pro debut in 1997, Eugene started in 1998 and Carlito Colon debuted in 2000.Presumably the award is more 'WWE newcomer of the year'. Yeah pretty much, I'm not going to be picky about it really. As you say its more of a "WWE Newcomor of 2004" rather than a "Rookie of 2004".
stevon Posted January 7, 2005 Author Posted January 7, 2005 I'll add the last set of nominations tomorrow probably. I don't know whats happening with the UKFF Awards, I'll speak to Moorish about those, I know hes implimenting some sort of paid members nomination process with those.
stevon Posted January 13, 2005 Author Posted January 13, 2005 Last set of nominations have been uploaded. The UKFF Awards Nominations will be done by Moorish through some sort of private-paid-members-only system that he is setting up and I'll get the final polls together from the nominations.
Gwailofilms Posted January 26, 2005 Posted January 26, 2005 Question: How the fuck is Shelton Benjamin a "rookie"? A rookie (nasty American word) is someone in their first year of their chosen sport, not someone who's been shunted to Raw and given crap new music.
stevon Posted January 26, 2005 Author Posted January 26, 2005 Question: How the fuck is Shelton Benjamin a "rookie"? A rookie (nasty American word) is someone in their first year of their chosen sport, not someone who's been shunted to Raw and given crap new music. I said I wasn't going to be too fussy about "newcomer", John asked about it all and I said more of a "breakout star" rather than a "rookie". Eugene has been wrestling several years, Carlito was with the old XWF, Aviv has been wrestling for a few years, etc.
Gwailofilms Posted January 26, 2005 Posted January 26, 2005 I said I wasn't going to be too fussy about "newcomer", John asked about it all and I said more of a "breakout star" rather than a "rookie". Eugene has been wrestling several years, Carlito was with the old XWF, Aviv has been wrestling for a few years, etc. Maybe at the end of this year, we should have "Breakout Star of the Year" then.
Paid Members JNLister Posted January 26, 2005 Paid Members Posted January 26, 2005 So has Benjamin 'broken out' this year in the sense that he's no longer the obscure figure he was in his 2003 days of retaining the tag titles at WrestleMania in front of 55,000 people?
Guest simonsez Posted January 26, 2005 Posted January 26, 2005 STEVON.....YOU JUST GOT KNOCKED THE F*** OUT!!!!
stevon Posted January 26, 2005 Author Posted January 26, 2005 STEVON.....YOU JUST GOT KNOCKED THE F*** OUT!!!! Eh?I'm not in charge of defining catagories, deciding if people are elligable for catagories or not - I just did the nominations, tallied up the nominations and made the polls.If you have a problem with people voting for Shelton, take it up with the people who did it - I'm not particularly interested.
bobbins Posted January 27, 2005 Posted January 27, 2005 Why are the poll threads locked? What possible harm could come from a bit of extra discussion?
stevon Posted January 27, 2005 Author Posted January 27, 2005 Why are the poll threads locked? What possible harm could come from a bit of extra discussion? I seen that last years poll threads were locked so I followed by example.Theres a discussion thread on the main board if you wish to discuss the UKFF Awards.
Recommended Posts