UFC 303: Pereira vs Prochazka 2 - Jun 29 ??

Who wins?   

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 7/2/2024 at 1:06 AM, neil said:

The absolute drizzing shits. Man who has never fought a pro match saying "It's only blood" - fuck off. Also Rogan the BJJ expert going "It's locked in, it's over...oh he escaped" during the Garry/MVP match. Just terrible, will be a great day when he retires.

The version I downl,, oops I mean paid to watch didn't have commentary of the main card for some reason, it's definitely an improvement not having to listen to Rogan. Cormier isn't much better these days either. Play-by-play commentary really shouldn't be "that was a good knee" when anyone watching can see the knee landed with some reasonable degree of force. Play-by-play commentary describing the action in a banal way is an anachronism from radio commentary, it's really unnecessary to tell the viewers what they can see with their own eyes.

On 7/1/2024 at 9:13 PM, Kfogg1991 said:

Gary won after landing 0 significant shots and mvp looked amateur on the ground

MMA means mixed martial arts, not kickboxing. I've seen plenty of fights be contested entirely on their feet, would you criticise those fighters for landing 0 takedowns or submission attempts? Garry's strategy made perfect sense, since the well known path to beating MVP is to not stand at kicking range and let him take pot-shots at you but to take him down. That's not a strategy that's unique to fighting MVP either, fighting at ranges where you are stronger than your opponent and avoiding ranges where you are weaker than your opponent is a formula for winning fights.

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, Tamura said:

The version I downl,, oops I mean paid to watch didn't have commentary of the main card for some reason, it's definitely an improvement not having to listen to Rogan. Cormier isn't much better these days either. Play-by-play commentary really shouldn't be "that was a good knee" when anyone watching can see the knee landed with some reasonable degree of force. Play-by-play commentary describing the action in a banal way is an anachronism from radio commentary, it's really unnecessary to tell the viewers what they can see with their own eyes

I think they are worse than that. Its like watching a movie with your annoying relative who goes "He's gonna die first, watch it you'll see" - they simply speak total and utter bullshit, making bold wildly UNTRUE claims about how a fight is going. It is the worst of both play-by-play and colour commentary.