Darkside of the Ring season 4 discussion.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Browser Brady said:

The Sandman storyline was fine and all but it didnt draw any money and it never really went anywhere.

The thing was, and you can find negative and positive here, was that even when they were trading the belt, the story was never sole focus, interwoven as it was (playing second fiddle to?) Raven vs Dreamer which in turn crossed over with Dreamer vs Douglas and probably two or three other stories, eventually leading to the two-part “season finale” that was Raven losing the belt to Terry Funk at Barely Legal (which Sandy played a part in) then Dreamer vs Raven to finish it at Wrestlepalooza which along with Taz winning the TV title from “The Franchise” served as an excellent end of chapter… and segued nicely into ECW vs Sabu/RVD/Lawler which was the next big direction.

I thought it was pretty good personally, although I could have done without Stevie losing the title as Raven’s proxy at Ultimate Jeopardy.

I enjoyed this episode it was a story I've not really heard much about in depth before and was absolutely shocked at the end when they talked about the recent exploits of Vince that right there is a extended documentary waiting to happen just needs someone and people attached that will not pull punches and speak truly about his evil exploits 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I enjoyed this episode it was a story I've not really heard much about in depth before and was absolutely shocked at the end when they talked about the recent exploits of Vince that right there is a extended documentary waiting to happen just needs someone and people attached that will not pull punches and speak truly about his evil exploits 

Probably be waiting a very long time. Legal proceedings, people who wouldn't speak for fear of implicating themselves (especially in regards of others chiming in with "Bullshit, you knew" later on), people who won't speak for upsetting one applecart or another in terms of future earnings - and make no mistake, speaking ill of the culture of the company allowing it all to happen definitely could impinge on your chances of ever again working for WWE in its current or future forms, even if the highest profile wrong 'uns aren't there anymore. And regardless of who actually works anywhere, certain types of human being in people management roles are wary of whistle blowers/people that will drag the company in public once they've left, so you could probably torpedo your chances of working again for other wrestling companies.

I don't think this will get made until everyone who would add value has moved on to the point they no longer need to worry about making a living in the wrestling industry, or are self-reliant. Sadly.

Edited by air_raid
I had to blow the cobwebs off her fanny.