Noche UFC: Grasso vs Shevchenko 2 - Sep 16 πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡²πŸ‡½

wandshogun09

Who wins?   

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Sorry for the triple post but I thought this was cool. Whether you thought the stoppage was early or not, at least he took accountability for it. Which is more than can usually be said for referees and judges.

Β 

Edited by wandshogun09

I'm all for the rematch, the women's 125 lbs division has been so historically one sided that I am very happy for these 2 fighters to take all the time they need to settle the score.

I hope the UFC don't put Erin Blanchfield and Manon Fiorot against each other as it would be a shame to eliminate one top contender. I'd much rather see them put in winnable fights to keep both their momentum going. Obviously there are no gimmies in this sport but a favourable match up for both wouldn't go amiss. Both kind of need a blow away performance after their last fights.

Scoring wise I had Valentina just a tad ahead on the score cards but it really could have gone either way.

It's a shame because this fight was so tight and so close that a draw is absolutely the correct decision in theory, however, how we got that result is what is controversial and what will be remembered.

One thing that I would like to see changed with judges scoring that I don't ever see championed is more draws for a round. We never see a round judged 10-10 or 9-9 (excluding point deductions), I don't even think it's allowed (winner gets 10 points, loser gets 9 or less).

If this was implemented, I am not sure what the knock on effect would be to fighter tactics, would it cause more fighters to settle for a draw in the final round if both previous rounds were even? Would fighters be more happy to coast a round in a 5 round main event? The fact that a razor close round has to have a winner is always going to cause criticism to the judges.