UFC 289: Nunes vs Aldana - Jun 10 🇨🇦

wandshogun09

Who wins?   

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Pena is probably the smarter 'worker' in the women's game, she knows what she's doing. She has to be a shoe-in the vacant belt fight.

I think you’re giving her a bit too much credit there. I don’t think she’s a smart anything myself. She just doesn’t shut the fuck up and I honestly don’t think it’s some big tactic. I think she genuinely believes the goofy drivel she comes out with. I think it’s delusion more than anything. It paid off on one night and now she’s acting like Nunes ducked her. Even though Nunes signed to fight her on this very card and the trilogy decider was all good to go before Pena pulled out. There’s no logic or intelligence to anything Pena says. This is a woman who went on Rogan’s podcast and had to bust out a calculator to work out her own age! She just rambles on and on. Her and Nunes shared the cage for 33 minutes combined over their 2 fights and she got utterly destroyed for about 30 of those minutes. She’ll get the vacant title shot, I’d guess, but I honestly wouldn’t be confident in her beating any of the shite names left in the rankings. She might beat some but I won’t be at all surprised if she loses to any of them either. She had a great couple of minutes against Nunes once, the rest of her career she’s been average to downright dogshit.

Bumcheeks Dumont for champ! 

• Paid Members

You're probably right, there's delusion in there, but there's no other women who talks shit and promotes like Pena, and in a division where its hard to stand out from the pack, she does that.

• Paid Members

The best thing that 135 could hope for is that Valentina decides to move up and it gives her a sense of urgency back. Outside of that, I'm completely devoid of care for the whole division. Dreadfully shite. The only thing fun about it in recent years was watching Nunes paste the ham n' eggers. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, WeeAl said:

Outside of that, I'm completely devoid of care for the whole division. 

Oh im with you on that, they could knock 135 and 145 on the head and i wouldnt bat an eyelid

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, WeeAl said:

The best thing that 135 could hope for is that Valentina decides to move up and it gives her a sense of urgency back. 

Ooh, I hadn't thought of that. Think I'd quite like to see Sheva smashing up Pena.

Let's face it Pena is the slightly-more-successful female version of Masvidal. She's a just-above-average fighter who found unexpected success later in her until-then average career, part of it down to running her mouth with almost no self-awareness, or at least behaving like she has none.

Only difference is she briefly held a belt that was worth holding.

• Paid Members

Shev’s already beat Pena as well.

I still stand by Pena being shite. She had one good little spell against Nunes that paid off massively. Can never take that moment away from her (unfortunately) and she’ll dine out on that forever. But seriously, look at the rest of her career. She’s crap. And seeing how the Nunes rematch went just cements my thinking that the first fight was more about Nunes having a bad night than anything. And even then she was still schooling Pena the whole first round. As great as Nunes’ run was, losing to Pena at all, let alone in the manner she did, will go down as maybe the most embarrassing loss by a champion in UFC history. 

I hope Pena never wins a fight again. People going on like she’s a ‘star’ is a sad indictment of the state of the division and how low the bar is for what people consider a star these days. Just talking loads and saying nothing of substance doesn’t mean you’re a ‘good promo’ or a charismatic personality. Shite fighter, annoying as fuck out of the cage. And genuinely not in the ‘I can’t wait to tune into this fight to see her lose’ way. I just want her to go away. 

Edited by wandshogun09