The SNES Thread

FLips

• Paid Members

Sorry to dig up an old thread, I’m sure I’m clogging enough retro ones up at the minute.

But a few things. Firstly I was way too harsh on Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse. My wife suggested I play it the other night so I gave it a proper proper go, looking around the levels and learning the layouts and all the things you really should do before making a quick review. A lot of my criticisms remain valid; Mickey still looks weird, the enemy placement and hit detection isn’t amazing, it’s difficult, etc.
However it turns out the game has hidden heart containers that extend your health and hidden shops that you can buy powerups from, which I had no idea about. It also turns out you have unlimited continues so without enough practice you can make your way through the game. After playing it the last couple of days I really enjoyed it. It’s still a little ways away from the other classic Mickey games but certainly holds it’s own.

Secondably @Loki I’m not sure if you saw in the retro thread but I fixed my NES, which I see you were asking about in here but at the time I had no idea what I was doing. I don’t mind helping you out if you still have it laying around, just throw me a PM.

Also I’ve been buying a few more SNES bits since last time so may throw a few extra bits in here so I haven’t bumped it for no reason.

Edited by FLips

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Your retro gaming reviews make up my favourite content on the forum at the moment, don't apologise!

Agreed - apart from the House Show stuff on On Topic, my favourite thing on here is all the retro gaming and seeing people revisit it.