Bellator 267 - Lima vs. MVP II (Oct 1st) 🇬🇧

Egg Shen

Repeat or Revenge?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

20210929_124736.thumb.jpg.6bf224b025539972beb7c25077650b02.jpg

20210929_124611.thumb.jpg.755329ec287cffeec292d757ed2187e6.jpg

get the bare bones of this up.

I think this is sneaking up without anyone actually noticing. This is live Friday night, from London so expect that main card around 8pm Friday evening, lovely.

I'll add some more as i go, but that main event is one of the best fights Bellator has at their disposal.

• Paid Members

any thoughts on that main event?

Im actually thinking MVP might pull this off. There was something so deflating about Douglas Lima's loss to Amosov, that on top of a few other uninspired losses really has bumped him out of any top 170lb'er in the world discussions. MVP is a much more favourable matchup in terms of style but i think if MVP gets going here we could end up seeing Lima just concede defeat standing. People seem to forget that until he got caught MVP was doing pretty welli in that first fight. 

If MVP does win this, expect him in with Amosov asap, talk about a contrast of styles.

here's Robin Blacks 2 minute breakdown of fight 1:

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

nah, i'm interested to see how it draws though. I cant see them doing much of a crowd with that card, unless MVP is more of a draw than i realise. 

Cage Warriors has 3 shows in a row starting tonight in London also so theres a clash there. 

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

feeling comfortable with my MVP pick, Douglas Lima looked like death warmed up on the scales:

Screenshot_20210930-191854_Instagram.jpg.20ed46801b972b0fbced214062a4f833.jpg

Yeah Lima’s not looking too clever there is he?

I barely remember the first fight, outside of the finish obviously, but I haven’t been convinced by Lima lately either. I’m still not sure MVP is as good as people make out either though so not confident either way on this one. Probably leaning slightly towards MVP though just based on him probably being the fresher of the two, Lima looking a bit suspect recently and you have to think unless Lima lands a bomb again (which he obviously could), I think the precision is gonna be on the side of Venom. Either man could finish it but if it goes the distance I fancy MVP to take it. 

• Paid Members

well, that main card was a close to a dud.

MVP/Lima was decent in that there was tension and flashes of action, but Lima doesn't bite on MVP's bullshit or do anything reckless so it was a bit of a stalemate. Twitter is annoyed at the result but Lima can't complain, neither man did enough to win that clearly.

MVP/Amosov is gonna be a weird one.

The women's co-main event killed the crowd dead, just awful. I know Bellator love Leah McCourt but shes nowhere close to the level the promotion would like you to believe, in terms of style or star power. She might be handy to be used in Ireland but this wasnt the spot for her. Can you imagine Cyborg in with McCourt? it would be bad.

On the subject of the crowd, despite a disappointing main card, there was a hell a turn out. I thought Wembley Arena would be half full but looked close to sold out. MVP is a draw.

Edited by Egg Shen

I also was impressed by the turn out, tickets weren't cheap either so they've done well to fill that. Although I have walked past an MVP vs Lima poster every time I leave my home in the last month. They've heavily advertised for it in London.

I only watched the last 2 fights and annoyingly the BBC website ruined the result of the main event for me so I only half watched it and didn't really pay much attention to it so I can't comment on the judges decision. Had I have known that it would be a razor tight decision I would have focussed a bit more on it.

Leah McCourt is probably one more win away from a shot at Cyborg.

On 10/2/2021 at 12:02 AM, Egg Shen said:

On the subject of the crowd, despite a disappointing main card, there was a hell a turn out. I thought Wembley Arena would be half full but looked close to sold out. MVP is a draw.

Do we really think people bought tickets in their thousands to see MVP? Or did they do so to see Bellator? Or even was it just a night out at "the UFC" or "cage fighting" that drew the crowd?

• Paid Members

im not sure? maybe? ive seen lots of poorly attended MMA shows in this country. Like @Zebra Kid Marksaid, advertising was heavy in London so Bellator did a great job with this. You cant just stick a "cage fighting" event in Wembley Arena and expect to sell it out.

Im not against the idea of MVP being a draw in London. It happens in pockets of the country. Be no different to Josh Warrington packing out the arena in Leeds. Those people aren't just there to see the "boxing".

Yeah, but no one really knows who MVP is, do they? If it was a UFC event I could understand it, but Bellator? Is it even on in the UK live? I'd be interested in seeing how many fans that attended were there because of MVP, and how many were there because it was a chance for a piss up with their mates and some "UFC."

• Paid Members

i dont know?

Like the UFC initials could sell out the Wembley Arena, but that wouldnt be the case with Bellator so i assume a good portion of that crowd are there on strength of MVP. The reaction he got on the night all but proved that, when he walked out it felt big, and people were clearly there for him more than anyone else on the card, strong celebrity presence on the night too. MVP's association with a few top musical acts cant hurt either.