Bellator 260 - Lima vs. Amosov (June 11th)

Egg Shen

does the Welterweight Title change hands?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Of course, Jones vacating left a massive void.

Funnily enough, I don't think it was clear who the best 205lbs fighter was even before Jones vacated. Jones had hardly impressed since the Gusty fight and most fans felt he lost against Santos and Reyes. Thus, the division was wide open by early 2020. Bader was just one of numerous fighters that people suspected could be the best of the bunch. 

I also don't think the UFC's 205lbs division has got any better since Bader left. Jones has regressed for numerous reasons, Santos did naff all at middleweight, Smith didn't do much at middleweight either, Glover is the same as ever but older, Gusty was never anything to write home about, etc.

Granted, Jan's improvement and the emergence of Jiri has made the division more interesting over the past year or so. Therefore, I don't think the 2021 version of Bader would waltz through it or anything. But I do think he would be a contender. 

20 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

I’d say Reyes’ razor close loss to Jones was better than any of Bader’s wins at 205.

Agreed.

If Bader had beaten Nemkov, you could have perhaps made a case for him. Alas, he didn't. 

21 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

25027758-212E-411D-BA0F-DCB6A3E1D5F7.gif

I do think Bader has improved a bit since then. Imo, Bader would get his wrestling going and win a dull decision. Again, I don't Glover has improved over the years, he's just taken advantage of the falling standards at 205lbs. To get a title shot before 2018, he would need to beat Rumble or Corey Anderson. To get his title shot against Jan, he beat Santos (post knee injury version) and Smith. 

Anyway, we will find out if Bader has what it takes to be a top contender at 205lbs when he fights Corey Anderson in a few months time. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Back on topic, I’m guessing Lima is the betting favourite mostly because he’s a former champ and a lot of people betting don’t know enough about Amosov. 

he is, but its tight.

An Amosov/Vettori double this weekend sounds good to me.

Edited by Egg Shen

Both the Daley and Lima fights were depressing and not very good to watch. Looks like mother nature has caught up with Semtex, as it was pretty sad that it looked like he didnt really have much threat even when the fight was standing.

Lima got outclassed in the wrestling, showed no urgency when the fight was standing or when he was on the ground. A recipe for a 50-45 loss. The strange thing is, even though he won very convincingly, it was nowhere near a star making or 'wow' performance in my opinion. Maybe because it was a very dull fight, but Im not excited at all to see what Amosov does next.

Aaron Pico, however, was tremendous. Still extremely rough around the edges, but he never stops with the aggression, which is fantastic to watch. Hes still only 24, so will be interesting to watch just how far he can go. Could be real good in a few years time.

On 6/12/2021 at 9:37 PM, Dai said:

Looks like mother nature has caught up with Semtex, as it was pretty sad that it looked like he didnt really have much threat even when the fight was standing.

Daley has always struggled with wrestlers. I'm not sure what Bellator were thinking matching him with Jackson. 

On 6/12/2021 at 9:37 PM, Dai said:

Lima got outclassed in the wrestling, showed no urgency when the fight was standing or when he was on the ground. A recipe for a 50-45 loss. The strange thing is, even though he won very convincingly, it was nowhere near a star making or 'wow' performance in my opinion. Maybe because it was a very dull fight, but Im not excited at all to see what Amosov does next.

That's Lima for you. He is far too passive and doesn't throw with another volume. 

Amosov's fights aren't usually that boring. His grappling match with Storley last November was tons of fun, and he looked like a monster again Lemminger last summer. 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

That main event was kind of depressing. Lima's complete lack of urgency and willingness to just accept he was had no answer was quite sad to watch. Its something that has plagued Lima's career. An absolute dud.

• Paid Members

😄

Outside of that, Aaron Pico stole the show. The guy is turning into the monster he was predicted to be. Just a devastating, dominant performance. Poor Aiden Lee, i dunno if he'll ever get over that. Toughed it out, but he must know he's never touching that level.

Jackson/Daley was another dud. Daley seemed to be on abit of a role, but that was just a bad matchup for him. If Daley's gonna continue to fight he should be treated as a bit of an attraction and be matched up to reflect that. 

Sounds like Amosov is leaning towards a first defence against Jason Jackson, id go for that. Then Lima/MVP 2

Edited by Egg Shen