Father's Day/General Gift Ideas

MrK

I’m absolutely terrible at buying gifts for people.

Mother’s Day gifts for my wife and mum generally consist of a card and chocolates. 

Christmas gifts for my wife and parents usually consist of gift vouchers etc. 

Last Fathers Day I made an effort and bought my old man the World’s Hottest Potato Chip. He absolutely loved it. So I’m hoping to continue this theme and am on the look out for suggestions for more “quirky” gifts. 

Longer term I thought this could be a thread where those of us with zero imagination can come for ideas for various gifts for family and friends. 

Apologies in advance if there is a similar thread, I had a quick search to no avail. 

So UKFF, before this very quickly turns in to a thread on shitting, throw me some unique gifting ideas???

I was just looking for general ideas for quirky gifts. 

However as you ask, he’s generally a miserable git who spends his days commenting on his neighbours new extension. He likes beer and food. And he loved last years gift (hottest chip) and still brings it up almost a year later. 

My first pets name was Ginger. 

My mother’s maiden was Jones. 

My front door is the colour grey. 

In a slight side note? It's my husbands first fathers day and I wanted to get something a bit special for him. Is as thinking of getting a personalised book made for him (and my son) is that a bit too sentimental? He is a bit of whiskey whiskey fan so the other option was getting him some fancy whiskey but that doesn't seem soppy enough.

7 hours ago, deathrey said:

In a slight side note? It's my husbands first fathers day and I wanted to get something a bit special for him. Is as thinking of getting a personalised book made for him (and my son) is that a bit too sentimental? He is a bit of whiskey whiskey fan so the other option was getting him some fancy whiskey but that doesn't seem soppy enough.

As a Dad of a 2 year old, the sentimental gifts can still be quite fun. I've had etched pictures of myself and my son, some personalised keyring, mugs etc (which I keep on my desk at work to show off my handsome son). One mother's day I got my partner a watch with the face an etched picture on wood.