Worst Event 2020

Onyx2

Worst Event 2020  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Come on, it's got to be Money in the Bank, hasn't it? WrestleMania was disappointing to a huge degree, but they took some good steps to both a) ensure one actually happened and b) mitigate the difficulty of it, e.g. Boneyard Match, splitting it over two nights, putting John Cena in a time machine. I don't often give WWE credit for much because they often fuck up so easily, but put under the stress they were under, they actually dealt with that one solidly. 

Money in the Bank though? Ugh. If anything overpromised and underdelivered, it's that. They'd had some time to think for this one, so they sold it on what I thought could've been a genuinely brilliant concept - instead of climbing a ladder, they're climbing up to the top of the building! But what did we get? Otis, a bunch of corridors, and Rey Mysterio's first attempt at on-screen death in 2020. Garbage.

• Awards Moderator
On 1/13/2021 at 2:24 PM, Daaaaaad! said:

Come on, it's got to be Money in the Bank, hasn't it? WrestleMania was disappointing to a huge degree, but they took some good steps to both a) ensure one actually happened and b) mitigate the difficulty of it, e.g. Boneyard Match, splitting it over two nights, putting John Cena in a time machine. I don't often give WWE credit for much because they often fuck up so easily, but put under the stress they were under, they actually dealt with that one solidly. 

Money in the Bank though? Ugh. If anything overpromised and underdelivered, it's that. They'd had some time to think for this one, so they sold it on what I thought could've been a genuinely brilliant concept - instead of climbing a ladder, they're climbing up to the top of the building! But what did we get? Otis, a bunch of corridors, and Rey Mysterio's first attempt at on-screen death in 2020. Garbage.

I went with WrestleMania because I got rid of the Network after it, and never bothered with MITB or Extreme Rules. I don't doubt they might have been worse - but I think WrestleMania has that "could have been" attached to it. It's the one that would have been in a stadium full of fans, but then couldn't be. I think that affects my view of it because something like Lynch vs Bazsler or McIntyre vs Lesnar with an audience could have been great and just weren't.

Then again, MITB and Extreme Rules were meant to be in the empty arena so there's no excuse for them being so bad by comparison.

• Onyx2 locked this topic