Bellator 245 & 246 - Davis vs. Machida II/Archuleta vs. Mix (Fri 11th/Sat 12th Sept)

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah I don’t know why it’s not with the other Sports channels. Could’ve sworn I set it to record as well. Just noticed the Campos vs Diggs and Carmouche vs Bennett fights are available on the On Demand bit now though so the top two fights should be there soon as well. 

• Paid Members

couple of 245 thoughts (not seen 246 yet)...

* Davis/Machida was the sort of eventless main event i think everyone expected. Both guys looked good but there were no highlights. Machida's 3rd round was the best of the night, he looked great in that but by that point he'd already lost the first 2 rounds by not doing a lot.

* The Daniels/Stanonik low blows were amongst the most distressing things ive seen in MMA. With no crowd you could hear the anguish in Stanoniks voice, horrifying, I hope his ol' boys are ok. Personally thought Daniels should have been disqualified.

* Its all going wrong for Ed Ruth, so much potential but he just got caught ib a bad spot here.

* Rafael Carvalho looking upset that he didnt get the decision over Alex Polizi was amongst the most ludicrous things ive ever seen in MMA all year, he literally did fuck all during the fight. 

Some upsets here, my acca died early.

Although I wanted Mix to win, I really enjoyed the main event of 246. I think the judges' scores were fair. 

I would be well up for Archuleta vs Horiguchi down the line. 

Oh, and Bellator's commentary booth desperately needs Mauro back. Big John loses focus when sat next to Thomson and Goldie (his chums). Whereas Mauro is able to keep him in line. 

• Paid Members

Davis vs Machida 2 was so much like the first fight they might as well have just played the re-run of it. Right down to Machida thinking he won at the end. I really like Davis, he seems a really good guy, but Christ. I genuinely don’t think I’ve enjoyed watching him since he subbed Tim Boetsch with that wacky inverted Kimura thingy. And that was about 10 years ago. 

246 was the better show. Archuleta vs Mix was a cracking fight. I enjoyed Neiman Gracie vs Jon Fitch a lot as well. Gracie looks good. 10-1 with the only loss to Rory Mac.

It was kind of fitting that Fitch’s retirement moment was in front of a load of empty chairs. They probably made as much noise for him as if a crowd would’ve been there anyway. 

Edited by wandshogun09

12 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

It was kind of fitting that Fitch’s retirement moment was in front of a load of empty chairs. They probably made as much noise for him as if a crowd would’ve been there anyway.

I bet @David stood up in his living room and clapped, while tears flooded down his cheeks. 

• Paid Members
On 9/12/2020 at 5:39 AM, jimufctna24 said:

The Raymond Daniels fight had one of the most disturbing endings I've ever seen to a MMA fight.  

Other than that, the first night was unremarkable. 

the 2nd night wasnt upto much either.

Here's a random question, and I say this as a Bellator fan... when did Bellator last have a genuine Fight of the Year contender? not even that, but a memorable fight? Nothing leaps out at me.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

as much as he's derided, Fitch does deserve alot of credit for his career. Going to a draw with Rory MacDonald 10 years after what people will have considered his "prime" is massively impressive and a testament to his longevity.

I probably enjoyed his fight with Gracie more than another fight on 245 or 246 too, fun grappling battle.

5 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

the 2nd night wasnt upto much either.

Here's a random question, and I say this as a Bellator fan... when did Bellator last have a genuine Fight of the Year contender? not even that, but a memorable fight? Nothing leaps out at me.

Lima vs MacDonald in 2018?

Edited by jimufctna24