This Weekend's Boxing (Canelo vs. Berlanga (14th Sept)

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Bit late to put much up about it, but thought the Riyadh Season card was great last week. I dunno how the pacing was live because it was a long show but with the benefit of the fast forward button it was a really good show, enjoyed every fight.

• Paid Members

Angelo Leo landed this humdinger to beat Luis Alberto Lopez on Saturday. Big underdog too. Glad i watched this one last night, i very nearly skipped it. Ref completes one of the most pointless 10 counts I can remember though. 

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing (Canelo vs. Berlanga (14th Sept)
  • Paid Members

A week out, but why not...

Canelo-vs.-Edgar-Berlanga.jpeg

Canelo fights Satuday. Seems like there's been more negativity surrounding this fight than any other Canelo fight I can remember. Really feels like Canelo has entered a stage of his career where people are starting to feel he's avoiding fighting the best and is cherry picking opponents, bit of a shame but I like the fight, the card is solid too. If Berlanga had continued some kind of KO run running into this I think the buzz would be massive, but it's massively cooled on Berlanga since 2001. Still, Mexican Indendence Day Canelo fights are a spectacle...goes head to head with the UFC Sphere show too.

Canelo Alvarez vs. Edgar Berlanga

Erislandy Lara vs. Danny Garcia

Caleb Plant vs. Trevor McCumby

Rolly Romero vs. Manuel Jaimes

Stephen Fulton vs. Carlos Castro

The Joshua vs Dubois card I'm looking forward to watch. Some good fights on paper and the main event I find intriguing as not completely sure who will win, I'm edging slightly towards Joshua, but going by recent form Dubois wins have been more impressive. 

The Dubois/Joshua fight comes down to which Joshua is the real one. If he's the flat track bully his critics have always thought he was, who's scared of getting hit and leans back with his chin in the air at the sight of danger, Dubois will knock him out. If that was just a bad habit that Joshua shook after revisiting his entire style after the first Ruiz loss, he should win.

But Dubois, for all his faults, is a ferocious fucker and, in danger, will bite down on his gumshield and just throw heat. If that doesn't work for 8 rounds, as in the Joyce fight, he might swallow it but that's a long time to stand downwind of an angry Dubois trying to take your head off if you're not that into getting a whack.

I'm leaning towards Joshua by stoppage, but I wouldn't be completely stunned if its the other way around. I can't see it going the distance, either way.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Joshua can't definitely get a bit wobbly in fights and Danny Dubious certainly has the artillery to get Joshua in a lot of trouble. On the other side of that though is how many times Hrgovic landed easily on Daniel in their fight. If Joshua lands that easily it won't matter, Dubois gets merked. A swift end to this one way or the other, first 4 rounds someone gets done and I'd just be leaning towards Joshua for the win but I wouldn't put money on it.