All Purpose Flying Thread

DEF

• Paid Members

I'm off on holiday to see my best mate in Italy on Friday. I'm not a regular flyer. Maybe once every other year. A couple of  little things have got my boggle. 

I was thinking of taking my Amazon Firestick to watch Double or Nothing. Anyone know if there's any issues with taking batteries on planes?

Whilst I'm at it I quit smoking and switched to Vaping back in January. I use Vype cartridges. Will they be allowed in my carry on or should I wack it all in the suitcase?

Any tips for Stansted Airport will be appreciated to. I've never been.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, DEF said:

Whilst I'm at it I quit smoking and switched to Vaping back in January. I use Vype cartridges. Will they be allowed in my carry on or should I wack it all in the suitcase?

You should keep them in hand luggage, it should be restricted in the check in luggage. You can't use them anywhere that's no smoking. Any liquid part has the standard 100ml limit and the must fit in the little zip up bag. 

I don't know about firesticks, but if it's got a rechargeable battery like a phone or laptop it should be fine. If its a triple A type I'm not sure. 

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

You should keep them in hand luggage, it should be restricted in the check in luggage. You can't use them anywhere that's no smoking. Any liquid part has the standard 100ml limit and the must fit in the little zip up bag. 

I don't know about firesticks, but if it's got a rechargeable battery like a phone or laptop it should be fine. If its a triple A type I'm not sure. 

Cheers. It's the remote I'm thinking about. It takes AAA and is pretty much useless without it.

The the thing about the Vype cartridges is that the liquids are sealed in the cartridges. Should I just bung a few sealed packs in my suitcase do you think? 

EDIT I've had a word with my mate and apparently pretty easy to get batteries there so I'll just buy more.

Edited by DEF

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

There's a remote app for the firestick too. 

I hand no idea about that. Cheers.

Just bung those cartridges in the little plastic bag, there's so many regulations these days I find with stuff that could be in the grey area the airport staff are pretty nice even when you've made a mistake. We went back from visiting my family the other week and my wife had completely ballsed up her suitcase leaving a massive moisturizer in her hand luggage as she does it all the time with hand luggage in Vietnam as they don't give a shit here most of the time. But the woman was nice about it as we apologized and she also found a paint by numbers set we had bought as a present which had little pots of paint, they had to all go through too. 

As for Stanstead it's a decent sized airport with a good selection of amenities but do pay attention to where your gate is as some of them you have to get on the little trams and are quite far away so make sure you head towards the gate with plenty of time to spare.