Would Ya Dare Shop At Netto?

FLips

• Paid Members

I only shop outside Aldi for suet & walnuts. Once they dropped the cash only model there was no reason not to. 

The only other thing I get elsewhere is lunch at work, which is funny because I work there. I like a change of scenery for a true break and the store staff know anyone in a suit around midday is likely from the office and it makes it makes me uncomfortable because I'm a self conscious twat-bag. 

We had a netto take over the spot of kwick save but it never got anyone in and became a Morrisons in a year or so. It's a supprise as we are a small town with two Aldi and a Lidl now and they are all packed. 

Off topic but everyone who asks where I work responds in one of two really annoying ways:

1) Do you get a free car

2) Him and Lidl are brothers you know

To correct them on either is tiresome and pointless yet I still do it every time. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I genuinely struggle to tell Lidl and Aldi apart, their store layouts are exactly the same. They even have the shite non-food stuff (a weird array of tool sets, bed sheets and football goals last time I looked) in the same place- near the back in the middle, just before the chilled meats.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BigJag said:

Why would you get a free car?

Aren't the families related in some way? A bit like Porsche and VW.

Because people here audi in my delightful accent. 

Not to my knowledge, one's the Schwarz family the other Albrecht. The two brands / umbrella companies of Aldi were created with a split by brothers, which I assume is where the story is from.

Archived