Would Ya Dare Shop At Netto?

FLips

42 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I back up the Monster Claws. Teddy Faces are a tastier, crunchier Pom Bears too.

Some of Aldi's ciders and ales ate great too. They do one called Medusa which is lovely, and their knockoff Kopparberg is just as good too.

They have their own version of Koppar? Did not know that, might have to check the local one near work as I'm a big fan of fruit cider

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
7 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

They have their own version of Koppar? Did not know that, might have to check the local one near work as I'm a big fan of fruit cider

Sorry I meant Rekorderlig but it's six and two threes really, it's nice either way.

• Paid Members

Love a Netto, particularly abroad. Went to Holland for three weeks last summer covering the women's football and the Utrecht Netto had the lot - from household appliances to fresh and frozen food fit for kings and queens at cheap prices. All expensed back too! 

Did a job in Berlin at the Velodrome in January and there's a Netto right opposite. During some long days with little on offer inside the Velodrome itself, Netto was at times our only salvation. The array of sweets from across Europe was absolutely vast. 

• Paid Members

Once we all turned 18 and realised that the booze was infinitely cheaper than going elsewhere, everyone's perception of ALDI and LIDL changed. It also changes when you move out for the first time and discover how much a weekly shop actually costs.

Same with charity shops too. At school it was an insult if someone accused you of being seen around one. There's even a Roald Dahl book I remember which actually had the villain shop at Oxfam and portrayed it as degrading. Now though I bloody love digging through charity shops. As soon as you leave school, get your own place and start paying your own way you get a new perspective.

2 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

Bloody love the Aldi. Knockoff heaven. Up the proletariat and fuck off anyone getting sniffy about shopping there nowadays, it's a revelation to my bank balance and fridge.

Socially Mars, fiscally Titan.

I remember in my cousins area (somewhere in Hertfordshire back then) that Budgens would be a place you wouldn't want to be seen in and saw a few in London as well but can't say I recall ever going in there to know what it was like (honest).

The one shop I do remember though is HappyShopper. You would feel shame if your family did the weekly shop in there, in my school anyway.

When my mate got out of prison (Purple Ake used to give out the butties in there btw)I remember him and his new friends from the inside going mad on Facebook over the happy shopper chocolate one of them had found on the outside, like he'd just won one of those massive Lindor balls in a raffle. It truly does change a man.

Anyway, my Aldi inspired treat night is consisting of flaming hot monster claws, mixed salted nuts, milk chocolate Moser Roth bars and some smoked cheese with ham in it.

Archived