CZW TOD **SPOILERS**

G-Unit

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, sj5522 said:

Only the first sentence was directed to you because I thought it was a redundant thing to say - I really wouldn't worry yourself too much about it, I still don't understand what you're trying to say though. Is Jimmy Havoc mentally ill then? Maybe someone should let him know. He'll have had his cuts cleaned and closed up and have been paid decently despite speculation in this thread and it will have bought him great personal pride. That's the important thing, that's why most of us go through training in the first place. I'm really sick of hearing about "being a mark for yourself" tbh. I understand it to a point but it's mainly being used to disparage people who choose to work a certain style. I've never heard anyone go "aye, that Kobashi, the stiff clown. What a mark for himself" 

Well you need to be a bit clearer about what you are waffling on about then.  I've already answered the rest of your message, which ironically makes that redundant.  If you wish to continue, please pm me as I'm sure everyone here is as bored shitless with you as I am now.

44 minutes ago, Louch said:

You putting boxers , or UFC fighters in this "mentally Ill" category? Some people just enjoy a scrap and pushing their pain threshold. 

Boxing, UFC and other combat sports are a different kettle of fish.  They involve actual training, skill and the avoidance of being put in the situation where you may suffer a gash. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

If you wish to continue, please pm me as I'm sure everyone here is as bored shitless with you as I am now.

Heh, I'll pass on that I'm sure you're delighted to know 

I rambled a bit but I'm just joining in what is an interesting discussion on how far is too far and "safe" and unsafe wrestling, rather than waltzing in going 'these guys must all be mental innit!' 

Can be As trained as you want, you are still going into a sport with the intent to harm and likelihood to be hurt. Be it a punch or sheet of glass it's still risk against  pain reward 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Louch said:

Can be As trained as you want, you aRe still going into a sport with the intent to harm and likelihood to be hurt. Be it a punch or sheet of glass it's still risk against  pain reward 

I'm not sure who or what this is a response too, but the intention in wrestling, whatever the style, shouldn't be to harm. If it is you've missed something major. 

Even your garbage bollocks and super stiff 'strong style' indy stuff must follow this from what I've seen and put the visual over intent to harm. 

People aren't stiffing each other and dropping people on their head or hammering spikes into their skull with intent to harm, that's a byproduct. The intent is to get fans approval or progress a career or fill a personal sense of essence to their existence, even if that is misguided or fruitless in the long term. 

Was A response to thunderplex, if you are going to put garbage wrestlers in as bei mentally Ill as they knowingly go into matches expecting pain, same must be same of any sport where you take punishment. 

• Paid Members

I think Foley would change aspects of his career, as he has said in the past that - particularly towards the end - he was taking risks in matches that didn't call for it. He was taking that hideous knees-first bump into the ring steps in two minute throwaway matches on RAW, at a point in his career when people would have been happy for him to just show up and put a sock on his hand.

Ultimately, you can be the best trained wrestler in the world, as soon as you bring in a "weapon", any kind of object into the equation, you've added an air of unpredictability that you didn't train for. It's a boring way of looking at it, but that's the truth.

Archived