CZW TOD **SPOILERS**

G-Unit

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I'm a complete wimp so have no real idea how anyone could bring themselves to do it, I suppose if you get a kick out of pain (which plenty of people do) and pushing your body to the limit than deathmatch wrestling is a safe way of doing it to the extent that you have some control over what you're doing. There's a mastery of your own body thing to with that I suppose. Knowing how much your body can take and getting close to it.

I'm not someone who could watch it mind. Although I'd love to watch some of the old CZW hype videos they did back in 2002 or 2003 again. I remember watching them and being oddly suckered in by them and playing CZW in EWR despite watching like one show in total. 

It's really not all Jimmy is good for, he's a really good in ring performer without doing this kind of match. He enjoys it, wanted to do it, and was booked to win. Add this to his matches at axxess this year and that's a no bad half of the year to tick off

6 hours ago, iPumaPants said:

CZW is still a thing?

They seem to be doing something of a resurgence of late, Davey Richards has become CZW Heavyweight champion and British team CCK took the tag belts.

Quite a number of CZW alumns are in WWE now or big on the indy scene.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Tim R-T-C said:

They seem to be doing something of a resurgence of late, Davey Richards has become CZW Heavyweight champion 

Renowned cunt Davey Richards, not something I'd be bragging about. 

I loved the SWE  / CZW shows and know of some names from there who were good, Sami, Ambrose, Rich Swan et el. And if Jimmy enjoys it and is happy fair play. It doesn't stop CZW and the deathmatch bollocks, being the wrestling comic footnote. 

Hell, I wanted to do something like that once just for fun (never did) but I was aware of how stupid it is and what a twat I am for it. 

• Paid Members

I always feel there is some kind of masochistic thinking behind this kind of stuff.  Bit sinister if you put too much thought into it.

6 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

I always feel there is some kind of masochistic thinking behind this kind of stuff.

No shit, like.. 

I don't see why people feel the need to disparage this stuff, it's their bodies, their choice. As long as they get paid in money rather than drugs by an absolute cunt like Ian Rotten there's no issue. Just because you'd never do it or you think it's "unwise" don't look down on these guys. They may be reckless and absolutely nuts but there's some bright lads and good people who do these, not all of them obviously but I respect this stuff. It serves a purpose now you hardly see so much as a bladejob in wrestling these days. Something different. 

I myself even watched the first TOD this week and it was pretty entertaining. Difficult to watch of course but that's the idea. I'm far from a deathmatch regular but I respect all styles of wrestling and I respect sacrifice. 

I can't describe my feeling when watching that first TOD final thinking "jeez, a 100 light tubes & barbed wire match, this'll be rough" before seeing Nick Mondo pours a bucket of salt in the ring and Wifebeater SPRINTS out with a fucking WEEDWHACKER. They pushed it to a limit and wore it as a badge of honor. I couldn't Not respect it, and my stomach's strong enough that I could JUST ABOUT bare it. Call me a sick cunt or whatever but I wanted to see the next year's edition afterwards. 

As for CZW it's been in decent shape for a while now, not seen a lot of it but they're still one of the premier indies, especially in that area. the only reason Davey Pissing Richards is champion is because Lio Rush may be NXT-bound. There are worries about the future though, with Callihan recently being in charge, who is not a great guy and has bought in SHLAK, a nazi cunt who fans on twitter stopped Gabe Sapolsky booking for EVOLVE one time. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Do these tournaments still take place in DJ Hyde's grannies back garden?

I love the thought of Jimmy Havoc winning the final because his opponent got called in for his tea. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, sj5522 said:

No shit, like.. 

I don't see why people feel the need to disparage this stuff, it's their bodies, their choice. As long as they get paid in money rather than drugs by an absolute cunt like Ian Rotten there's no issue. Just because you'd never do it or you think it's "unwise" don't look down on these guys. They may be reckless and absolutely nuts but there's some bright lads and good people who do these, not all of them obviously but I respect this stuff. It serves a purpose now you hardly see so much as a bladejob in wrestling these days. Something different. 

I myself even watched the first TOD this week and it was pretty entertaining. Difficult to watch of course but that's the idea. I'm far from a deathmatch regular but I respect all styles of wrestling and I respect sacrifice. 

I can't describe my feeling when watching that first TOD final thinking "jeez, a 100 light tubes & barbed wire match, this'll be rough" before seeing Nick Mondo pours a bucket of salt in the ring and Wifebeater SPRINTS out with a fucking WEEDWHACKER. They pushed it to a limit and wore it as a badge of honor. I couldn't Not respect it, and my stomach's strong enough that I could JUST ABOUT bare it. Call me a sick cunt or whatever but I wanted to see the next year's edition afterwards. 

As for CZW it's been in decent shape for a while now, not seen a lot of it but they're still one of the premier indies, especially in that area. the only reason Davey Pissing Richards is champion is because Lio Rush may be NXT-bound. There are worries about the future though, with Callihan recently being in charge, who is not a great guy and has bought in SHLAK, a nazi cunt who fans on twitter stopped Gabe Sapolsky booking for EVOLVE one time. 

Calm down.  I didn't say I looked down on anyone, I just feel there must be an issue with someone who is happy slashing themselves up to that degree just to entertain people, risking personal injury along with the risk of disease.  Personally I don't look down on people with mental health issues, so don't tar me with that brush in future.

• Paid Members

Nick Mondo's new film attempts to give some kind of reasoning as to why he wrestled the style he did. Its debuted at a film festivals so it should be available soon.

• Paid Members

Tarring with a brush is one of the matches at next years TOD @Thunderplex but I guess we can count you out. 

Is twatting each other with light bulbs and barbed wire any stupider than Shibata headbutting his way to a bleed on the brain whilst wrestling "Strong Style"? Not really, but doing either of those things in your grannies back yard for a few hundred dollars is not a great idea.

10 hours ago, sj5522 said:

SHLAK, a nazi cunt who fans on twitter stopped Gabe Sapolsky booking for EVOLVE one time. 

Wow, what's the story on this? I've only seen him a couple of times.

23 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Is twatting each other with light bulbs and barbed wire any stupider than Shibata headbutting his way to a bleed on the brain whilst wrestling "Strong Style"?

Exactly. I remember an interview with Danny Havoc where he was saying aside from cuts and bruises he's suffered less injuries doing deathmatches than 'indy style' matches with a tonne of head drops

Archived