Female Wrestler of the Year 2016

HarmonicGenerator

Female Wrestler of the Year 2016  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Awards Moderator

Who was the best female wrestler this year? Cast your vote and support your favourite in the thread.

The contenders:

CHARLOTTE: Was champion when the Divas Title became the Women's Title, and held it on and off throughout the year.

ASUKA: Defeated Bayley to become NXT Women's Champion, and remains undefeated.

SASHA BANKS: Beat Charlotte to become Women's Champion, and exchanged the title with her throughout the year.

ALEXA BLISS: Moved up to SmackDown from NXT, becoming SmackDown Women's Champion at TLC.

BECKY LYNCH: Became the first SmackDown Women's Champion before losing it to Alexa Bliss.

BAYLEY: Lost NXT Women's Title to Asuka in a shock result before moving up to Raw.

• Paid Members

My favourite is Sasha. I voted for Charlotte. The Iron Man match was ALL about how good a wrestler she is. I was surprised that it kept me almost as gripped as the previous year's NXT Iron Woman match despite a big main roster arena crowd. Then she wrestled another long-ish TV match the next night. They're treating her like her dad as NWA/WCW Champion and has the act down perfectly now.

• Paid Members

I have barely watched any wrestling this year but probably the standout moment aside from Goldberg mowing down Lesnar was Charlotte's entrance at Wrestlemania. She looked every bit the star that her dad used to be.