UKFF50 Nominations

Linus

• Paid Members

Okay, hands up, I overestimated the work posting matches from everyone in contention would take. That's on me. Next year I'll do it much, much earlier. Anyway, I'm fully confident that this has been a year when lots of you have watched more BritWres than ever, and so I feel we can go on to the nominations stage regardless!

What You Need To Do (borrowed from the comprehensive post CobyStag made last year):

1) Send a PM to me - that's Linus - on the UKFF. E-mails/Facebook messages/Tweets/etc. will not be accepted. Feel completely free to share your nominations in this thread if you wish, for the purposes of generating discussion/debate, but I will only officially count lists that I receive in my PM Inbox.

2) Within the PM, please nominate up to 15 wrestlers that you feel, based on the criteria described above and matches that you have actually seen, deserve a place, any place, somewhere in this year's UKFF UK50. This doesn't of course, necessarily mean that it is your own personal 'top' 15, just 15 people you would like to see in the 50. All names are a single nomination, carrying equal value, so there is no need to rank your list of nominations in order of merit (i.e. the name at the top of your nominations will be treated equally with the name at the bottom of your list). You can nominate less than 15 if you like, but definitely no more.

You don't need to include your reasons for nominating these wrestlers within your message to me during this stage. As you will have seen from past years, I do like to use your quotes when doing the results write-ups, and some people put a lot of time and effort into their comments. However, since this is merely the nomination stage, there is no guarantee that your nominated wrestlers will get through and I don't want you to waste your words - save them for the final round. If you do wish to give your comments at this stage, you'd be best off sticking them in this thread - just a sentence or so to justify their selection or point out particular matches, promotions or shows upon which you have based your decision.

4) Make sure you get your PM in to me by 23:59 on Saturday 24th December 2016. Any received after this deadline will not be considered, so don’t bother asking.

As always, any nominations, votes or comments that I receive will be treated completely confidentially. For the purposes of maintaining space in my Inbox, I usually have to delete your messages as soon as I’ve taken the detail anyway.

The 50 wrestlers with the most nominations after the deadline will make it into the 2016 UKFF UK50. The rest will not. If there are a tied number of nominations for the last few places in the 50 (there usually always is every year), we will have a mini-stage to determine which of them make it in.

Please feel free to now use this thread to discuss and debate who is worthy of nominations this year. Campaign for your choices. Share videos of your selections' best matches from the year. Try to convince others that you are correct. Provide evidence as to why you believe you are right.

So, finally, to summarise what I need you to do:

- Send me a PM

- 15 Nominations

- By 23:59 on Saturday 24 December 2016

A final world on eligibility!

The following "UK" wrestlers are NOT eligible:

Sheamus

Finn Balor

Wade Barrett

Neville

Paige

Becky Lynch

Nikki Storm

Hugo Knox

Rockstar Spud

Martin Stone

Davey Boy Smith Jr

David Finlay Jr (let's not even get into this one)

Nick Aldis

The following wrestlers with current US contracts ARE eligible (through at least 9 months on the UK scene):

Jack Gallagher

Noam Dar

Big Damo

Grado

Mark Andrews

Bram

Drew Galloway

Marty Scurll

Will Ospreay

The following overseas wrestlers are eligible because they spent most of their year on the UK scene:

Tommy End

Travis Banks

TK Cooper

Dahlia Black

Toni Storm

Bea Priestley

Elizabeth

David Francisco

Massimo

Now GO!

• Paid Members

And to kick things off, here's my 15 for 2016:

I'm leaving some of the more obvious ones off mine because they'll get enough nominations...

Ryan Smile

Travis Banks

Chris Brookes

Pete Dunne

Trent Seven

Tom Dawkins

Dan Moloney

Nixon Newell

Mike Bird

Earl Black Jr

Nina Samuels

Damian Dunne

Martin Kirby

Alex Windsor

Chris Ridgeway

Trent seven

Mark Coffey

DCT

BT Gunn

Lionheart

Wolfgang

Joe Coffey

Stevie Boy

Davey Blaze

Andy wild

Grado

Kay lee ray

Joe Hendry

Jackie polo

Icw heavy, but haven't watched enough progress yet to judge over the year.

PCW heavy with a sprinkling from elsewhere

Drew Galloway

Marty Scurll

Will Ospreay

Bubblegum

El Ligero

Ashton Smith

Chris Ridgeway

Sha Samuels

Charlie Sterling

T-Bone

Viper

Kenny Williams

Rob Lynch

James Davis

Trent Seven

• Paid Members

I went:

Bubblegum

El Ligero

Flash Morgan Webster

Grado

Jack Gallagher

Mark Andrews

Martin Kirby

Marty Scurll

Pete Dunne

Travis Banks

Trent Seven

Tyler Bate

Will Ospreay

Zack Gibson

Zack Sabre Jr

• Paid Members

Bubblegum

Tommy End

Marty Scurll

Dave Mastiff

El Ligero

Martin Kirby

T-Bone

Zack Gibson

Will Ospreay

Jack Gallagher

Ridiculously great pool of talent to choose from this year, just picking 15 was a struggle.

Marty Scurll

Zack Sabre Jr

Will Ospreay

Pete Dunne

Trent Seven

Bubblegum

Zack Gibson

Tommy End

Mark Haskins

Mark Andrews

Travis Banks

Nixon Newell

El Ligero

Joe Coffey

Rampage Brown

• Paid Members

Ridiculously great pool of talent to choose from this year, just picking 15 was a struggle.

Yeah I'd definitely agree. In years gone by I'll admit to having pretty much nominated either, when I was training to wrestle, the 15 people I knew and liked, or at best 15 people from the two local promotions.

With the bigger promotions running in a variety of places and the ease of access of streaming services, you can pretty much see any wrestler you want at this point. There's people in my 15 now who are some of the better wrestlers in the world.

• Paid Members

The old order changeth! Nominations have closed, with 107 different wrestlers nominated, and this year it took 3 votes to secure a top 50 place. I'll reveal the top 50 for the next stage tomorrow, but the following have missed out, including some perennials (position in 2014 UKFF50 in brackets)!

2 votes: Alex Windsor, Big Damo, Bram, Carmel Jacob, Doug Williams (#13), Earl Black Jr, Eddie Dennis (#17), Flash Morgan Webster (#26), HT Drake, Jack Jester (#18), James Drake, Jinny, Joel Redman, Kid Fite, Liam Lazarus/Slater, Liam Thomson (#46), Mark Coffey, Nina Samuels/La Diablesa Rosa, Sid Scala, Toni Storm & Viper

1 vote: Alexander Henry, Andy Wild, Buzzsaw Bronson, Caden Lay, Chardonnay/Lady Katherine Darcy, Chris Renfrew, Chuck Cyrus, Crippler Gordon, Crusher Lomaxx, Cyanide (#44), Dan Moloney, Danny Jones, DCT, Drew Parker, Eddie Ryan, Jason Larusso, Jason Prime, Jim Hunter (#43), Jody Fleisch, Joseph Connors (#27), Jonny Moss, Jonny Storm, Kip Sabian, Lana Austin, Lee Hunter (#34), Lewis Girvan, Lou King Sharp, Matt Walters, Mikey Whiplash (#39), Richard Parliament, Roy Johnson, Ryan Smile, Saime Sahin, Sebastian, TK Cooper & Xander Cooper (#49)

Archived