In this unbelievable week of fights, what's flying under the radar

lambyUK

• Paid Members

This is shamelessly stolen from this week's MMA beat.

Going into this fight week there's almost too much to absorb everything that's going on.

From UFC 200, to the other 2 shows during the week, plus the Mcgregor vs Diaz press conference, Q & A's etc etc.

I know we have individual threads but with seemingly no one watching the latest TUF, maybe's something that's being buried amongst all the madness?

Obviously the top 2 fights aside on UFC 200, is there something this week that's been criminally overlooked or getting no attention at all? 

What to you is flying under the radar? Perhaps even a story going on?

Here's the complete line up of fight's this week.

UFC 200

Daniel Cormier vs Jon Jones
Brock Lesnar vs Mark Hunt
Miesha Tate vs Amanda Nunes
Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar 
Cain Velasquez vs Travis Browne

Cat Zingano vs Julianna Pena
Johny Hendricks vs Kelvin Gastelum
TJ Dillashaw vs Raphael Assuncao 
Sage Northcutt vs Enrique Marin

Gegard Mousasi vs Thiago Santos
Joe Lauzon vs Diego Sanchez 
Takanori Gomi vs Jim Miller

FIGHT NIGHT VEGAS

Rafael Dos Anjos vs Eddie Alvarez

Roy Nelson vs Derrick Lewis 
Alan Jouban vs Belal Muhammad 
Joseph Duffy vs Mitch Clarke
Mike Pyle vs Alberto Mina
John Makdessi vs Mehdi Baghdad 
Anthony Birchak vs Dileno Lopes
Pedro Munhoz vs Russell Doane 
Felipe Arantes vs Jerrod Sanders
Gilbert Burns vs Lukasz Sajewski
Marco Beltran vs Reginaldo Vieira
Vicente Luque vs Alvaro Herrera

TUF Finale (No idea if this includes spoilers, but half of the finalists are missing)

Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Claudia Gadelha
Andrew Sanchez vs. TUF LHW Finalist 2
Amanda Cooper vs. TUF SW Finalist 2
Will Brooks vs. Ross Pearson
Jake Matthews vs. Kevin Lee
Doo Ho Choi vs. Thiago Tavares
Fernando Bruno vs. Gray Maynard
Andrew Holbrook vs. Joaquim Silva
Cezar Ferreira vs. Anthony Smith
Li Jingliang vs. Anton Zafir
John Moraga vs. Matheus Nicolau

Personally for me it's Zingano vs Pena and the debut of Will Brooks. Neither are getting anything attention but I'm so excited for both.

• Paid Members

Not sure what does and doesn't count as under the radar, but surely Joe Lauzon vs Diego Sanchez will be absolute chaos. There's almost zero chance of that being anything other than mental.

Conversely, Mousasi vs Brunson has every chance of being shit. I don't blame Mousasi at all but I just see him strategically and methodically getting the job done in an absolute snoozefest. (in fact, given his situation, I kinda respect Mousasi for it). That comes straight after the Lauzon / Sanchez fight too. Those fights should really be swapped round on the card for me.

• Paid Members

Not sure what does and doesn't count as under the radar, but surely Joe Lauzon vs Diego Sanchez will be absolute chaos. There's almost zero chance of that being anything other than mental.

Conversely, Mousasi vs Brunson has every chance of being shit. I don't blame Mousasi at all but I just see him strategically and methodically getting the job done in an absolute snoozefest. (in fact, given his situation, I kinda respect Mousasi for it). That comes straight after the Lauzon / Sanchez fight too. Those fights should really be swapped round on the card for me.

Probably anything outside the top 2 fights on UFC 200. 

Forgot to edit that fight Chunk as Brunson is out Thaigo Santos is in. Which in turn has made that fight a whole lot more interesting. 

• Paid Members

Dillashaw vs. Assuncao should be good. Dillashaw will be looking to get his win back, and Assuncao will probably be pissed off he hasn't fought in two years, not to mention at one point should've been number one contender for the BW title and never got a shot, all because of bad luck.

• Paid Members

Sanchez/Lauzon

Gomi/Miller

These two for me as well. And I'll add in Joe Duffy vs Mitch Clarke from the RDA vs Alvarez Fight Pass show on Thursday.

Even after posting the original line up I completely missed that Duffy was fighting.

I hope he bounces back big time as I think he has the tools to be a genuine contender. He said going into that Poirier fight he wasn't himself and he needed to changes things during this fight camp. 

• Paid Members

I'd completely missed the fact that McDonald vs. Lineker is as soon as next wednesday! So that's 4 cards in 7 days.

Not sure about slipping under the radar, but that card definitely has a contender for most difficult fight to pronounce:

Daniel Omielańczuk vs. Oleksiy Oliynyk

:p

Archived