Edinburgh Fringe 2016

ReturnOfTheMack

• Paid Members

As expected, Hacksaw was proper terrible (£20 worth of terrible) and Bill Burr killed. Hacksaw is a big charming oaf, but his stories were proper nothings and I think saying Andre farted once was about as close to the edge as it got.

Bill Burr was hilarious, but when he asked how long he had some idiot said "5 minutes", he had 15! I only noticed when I got outside and checked my phone. Still, some of his new material is pretty incredible. The funniest part of the show, for me, was how awkwardly silent the crowd got whenever he talked about race, which Burr didn't mind elevating with more absurdness.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

HarmonicGenerator, on 08 Aug 2016 - 19:12, said:

3.15 from this Sunday until the 27th, Venue 32 at Cowgatehead, Up2Extra!

The Fringe app is showing a solo show at the venue at that time. Is there multiple rooms with shows starting at the same time?

I think there are quite a few rooms in that venue, so that must be the reason. I've just checked the PBH Free Fringe app and the Wee Blue Book and we're definitely the only ones in the Up2Extra room at that time! Promise!

• Paid Members
HarmonicGenerator, on 12 Aug 2016 - 15:15, said:

ReturnOfTheMack, on 12 Aug 2016 - 14:24, said:

3.15 from this Sunday until the 27th, Venue 32 at Cowgatehead, Up2Extra!

The Fringe app is showing a solo show at the venue at that time. Is there multiple rooms with shows starting at the same time?

I think there are quite a few rooms in that venue, so that must be the reason. I've just checked the PBH Free Fringe app and the Wee Blue Book and we're definitely the only ones in the Up2Extra room at that time! Promise!

Excellent. Hopefully see your show on Wednesday.

Archived