The NHB Thread

PowerButchi

• Moderators

After seeing the response to the Bellator match, then seeing someone with the knobacy in the 2016 isn't shit thread to say some Irish Hipster is "entertaining". I realise there's a massive difference. There's the Johnny Come Quicks who love their MMMmmmmmmmmmm......Gay, and then there's those who love the real deal, the real characters, the real fighters. NHfuckingB.

So as a rule. if you've not heard of Jeff Blatnick, The G-Man Rich Goins, or Steve Jennum, kindly fuck off.

I'm currently watching UFC 6, that fucking seizure D.L. Abbott gives John Matua, outstand. If Macias didn't work it with Oleg, that was D.L.'s to take. Macias was a bum anyway though. If he stood up to Oleg he's have still lost quickly.

Steve Jennum was fucking atrocious. My favourite was Keith Hackney. He may have been a kempo and tae kwon do black belt, but he looked and fought like a classic American bar fighter. Oleg was fabulous too. A real mans Fedor.

There's definitely a place for 'bad' MMA. UFC have proven time and again that it's personality that counts and not skill. Bellator is a business first and foremost. Bring on rampage vs kimbo and Gracie/Shamrock IV.

• Moderators

I want Severn/Shamrock III. I also think it's likely these days. At 57, Severn will destroy him. Winner gets Frye. 

And, saying you love Hackney, well how can you not love Hackney? He obviously knew what Joe Son was like, hence the punishment.

Anyway, greatest KO ever? It's not DL Abbott vs Matua. It's UFC 2. Judo practioner Remco Pardoel (who's now a house DJ on Soundcloud) elbowing better than Goodridge vs Orlando Weit.

• Moderators

Severn by UD.

If they had any testes about them though it'd not be under New Jersey bollocks. Let them til they finish, doesn't matter though anyway. Shamrock's been unfairly off steds (and fighters should all be on them RE: Frye), so Severn will take him down and arm triangle him in 2:00.

I highly recommend Clyde Gentry's No Holds Barred book. It details all the goings-on during the SEG era. There's a great section where Gentry talks about the fighters who applied for the earlier events, which included a gentleman who claimed to have a "death touch". 

One of the most impressive knockouts has to be Don Frye on Thomas Ramirez. Remember, Ramirez had won some 50 something challenge fights beforehand, and Frye walked straight through him. Ramirez never fought MMA/NHB again. I think he was well on his way to becoming an all-time great before running into Frye.

Archived