How to bring back the injured guys?!

The Cutting Edge

As everyone knows wwe have a few top guys on the bench but will be due back in the next few months, so this could be a chance to freshen both the guys and the shows if they're brought back properly instead of a pointless surprise return straight back into the same stale slot.

So how do you think or want these guys back? you'd imagine that they'll all back back as faces so thats all the more reason for a Reigns heel turn.

Randy Orton: Needs new music and new gear, dunno if its him or wwe that has apathy towards changing things up, he could have a good feud as a face vs heel Reigns , also needs to stop being methodical and be more 'strike first' and have quicker matches.

Cesaro: I'd build him up with vingettes training and showing his strength and making him a freak athlete, Yeah hes not charismatic so dont highlight, that highlight his what hes good at, he was at a decent level of popularity before he got injured.

Seth Rollins: Has to come back as a face, I could see him doing great in the roll, go back to his nxt flashier or face ring gear, him vs Heel Reigns at Summerslam would make alot of sense.

John Cena: not sure what more can be done with him, yeah hes 'cena' but everything about him is stale and much like Orton dunno if its him or wwe that wont shake things up (not heel turn) 

Anyone else to return? thoughts.

• Paid Members

Seth coming back continuing to cosplay Tanahashi, throwing Sling Blades and High Fly Flows like it's nobodies business, would make a great speedball babyface. Shield three-way with heel Roman holding the belt and Seth as a face would be great fun and fresh feeling. Which is why they won't do it.

Yeah this is last chance saloon for Orton I reckon, he seems to have been gone ages and should, I stress should be refreshed by the time he comes back.

Like the idea of Cesaro, video packages about "rebuilding him" like they did with Trips in 2007 was it? Love those type of things. Then have him squash some noddy's like Social Outcasts, have him carry 2 of them around on his back like Ryback used to do back in the day, give the swing to rose, slater and axel all at the same fucking time. Then eventually stick him in a power feud with Lesnar, Ryback or Rusev, some other big bastard that gives you the old Unstoppable force vs immovable object dynamic.

Rollins MUST be a bumping, flying babyface, he is money in that role for me. Personally I am pinning a lot of my hopes on WWE finding the next star on Rollins, I think if, a massive if he is booked right he can appeal to all demographics, internet fans like his work rate, kids like his flashy moves and streaky hair, women want to fuck him, got to be a winner.

• Paid Members

Cena will be changed up as he'll have a new t-shirt for the comeback. He is a bloody workhorse and they've missed him while he's been away. I reckon even if he's not fit to work he's going to be at Mania.

Orton should return with some RKOs outta nowhere, wanting to prove he's still the Apex predator.

I think Cesaro can do his talking in the ring. Vignettes establishing his strength & power would definitely help. I bet he & Del Rio could have some solid technical matches and he & Owens or AJ have the potential to steal a show. That or send him to NXT and let him feud with the likes of Aries, Joe, Finn & Nakamura. Maybe give him a mouthpiece if they're particularly concerned about his promos.

Rollins should just be "I was never pinned, I want my title back".

• Paid Members
Maybe give him a mouthpiece if they're particularly concerned about his promos.

It wasn't exactly a roaring success last time. Then again, his next mouthpiece probably won't try to get heat on Cesaro by banging on about Brock Lesnar all the time.

Love him or hate him John Cena is the face of WWE and is a brand all on his own. Bringing him back with different attire or music or any other changes would be like changing the McDonalds logo or WWE changing Hulk Hogans attire from yellow and red to bright pink and having his entrance music as Heartbreaker by Dionne Warwick during the height of Hulkamania. It's not going to happen. That's probably the biggest reason they won't do a heel turn with him. As long as Cena is bringing in money from merchandise and tours he headlines then it's like the old saying...if it ain't broke then don't fix it.

I like Cena and get that hes the face of wwe and a brand onto himself but it doesnt mean he shouldnt shake himself up or change stuff, he's great at what he does the problem is he does it against everyone, the same promo's etc. great matches aside he (to me) never feels fresh or exciting.

Hes been on tv for nearly 14 years and the top face for 11, baring a few injuries time off hes gone nonstop all that time with little to no change to his act, I know its all subjective but Hogan knew he had to change so did, Austin, Rock and HHH went through different looks, music and all sorts during the attitude era (but everything moved faster then I suppose).

I read an interview with Cena that said he was planned to turn heel at Mania 28, had new music and ring gear made and everything, I dont think a heel turn is needed just a few things to make him fresh.

The 'aint broke so why change him' attitude is probably why wwe is in the state its in these days, they're afraid to pull the trigger on nearly everything

• Paid Members

As long as Cena is the top money maker in WWE they'll keep pushing him and chopping the legs out from under anybody, with the exception of Roman Reigns, who comes close to surpassing that if Mr Brooks of Chicago Illinois is to be believed. They've tried things like this before with NAsh in the mid 90s, and sometimes have struggled until somebody has risen to the top and found themself in that position. Whether that's because Roman finally manages to find himself and gets over or somebody else convinces the higher-ups that it should be their time instead a couple of years down the line remains to be seen, but somebody will come along for Cena to pass the torch to. Until then Cena is deservedly the top banana because whether it's booing or cheering he manages to get a reaction from the crowd and shifts merchandise to the kiddies and some of the adults, plus that US title open challenge thing was great.

Archived