Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Edit: Okay - I just posted some old TWC related pics in the Random Pics thread, and PowerButchi has moved them & made it into it's own TWC thread. So I guess we can make it an "Ask Me Anything" kinda deal.

 

 

Poster for International Showdown:

 

showdown_a3.jpg

Edited by herbie747
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Paid Members
Posted

Custom poster I had designed by one of our TWC graphics guys - only 3 ever printed. Mo Chatra has one, myself, and another guy who worked at TWC. Still have mine on the wall in my office. Awesome.

 

noah%20poster.jpg

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

In 2005, TWC were thinking of starting a promotion in the UK, with the idea of weekly TV and a taping once per month. The plan was to use all the best guys & gals in the UK, in addition to 2 US mainstays - Cabana & Danielson. Proper production, and proper storylines with a regular roster. On board was myself heading production, TWC head office as backers, John Lister & Kenny McBride as writers, Jon Ritchie handling talent, Sanjay Bagga as promoter, and Steve Lytton as MC. A few other people were involved too, but it didn't get past 1 meeting...

 

Once we crunched numbers, we decided it wasn't viable. The regular venue would have been Fairfield Halls in Croyden. A sell-out each month would have been break-even... so obviously that didn't make sense as a venture.

 

Anyway; we had the name, the ring design, the website design, and some music in development before we knocked it on the head.

 

Logo:

summit_new.jpg

 

Ring:

summitring.jpg

 

Rough Website Design:

summit.jpg

 

Opening Theme:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60352061/Spirit%20Theme.mp3

Edited by herbie747
  • Paid Members
Posted

Awesome post. You ever thought of writing a history of TWC for saddos like me?

 

It's fun talking about it, but would be too much hassle to write about it! What a ride though! The story of how it came about is the most fascinating bit - I was unemployed with no experience in TV or broadcast - and within 2 years I'd convinced all these people I knew what I was doing and got backers to invest £1m. I got my own fully equipped (edit suites, betacam decks, etc) office 10 mins from my house and hired all my friends... AND pulled it off. Obviously it's not as simple as that, but it was some fucking blag!

Posted

 

Awesome post. You ever thought of writing a history of TWC for saddos like me?

 

It's fun talking about it, but would be too much hassle to write about it! What a ride though! The story of how it came about is the most fascinating bit - I was unemployed with no experience in TV or broadcast - and within 2 years I'd convinced all these people I knew what I was doing and got backers to invest £1m. I got my own fully equipped (edit suites, betacam decks, etc) office 10 mins from my house and hired all my friends... AND pulled it off. Obviously it's not as simple as that, but it was some fucking blag!

 

 

Maybe get in touch with the guys at historyofwrestling.info or someone who could write for you because that would one book Id love to read

Posted

Pro Wrestling Summit would have been such a perfect name for the time.

 

Who came up with the telly falling down the stairs thing? Were there are other ideas discussed?

  • Paid Members
Posted

Pro Wrestling Summit would have been such a perfect name for the time.

 

Who came up with the telly falling down the stairs thing? Were there are other ideas discussed?

It wasn't so much an idea, as we needed an ident quick, so we filmed the stairs beside our office. That was it - it didn't even make sense.

Posted

Wait, it wasn't a moment of surrealist genius?

 

I'm as disappointed as I was when the second series of FWA TV just seemed to randomly end.

  • Paid Members
Posted

How much did RF charge for allowing you to air their shoots?

$250 per shoot. And at the time, we were also taking ROH for $400 per episode.

×
×
  • Create New...