New iphone 6

bono

• Paid Members

I enjoy the bigger devices as I like to use it to do more than phone calls. In a world where things are done instantly, don't have time to boot up a pc when I can just push a button on my phone and i'm searching information instantly. TBH i don't understand why Laptops are still going with online storage available and phones.

Are you being deliberately stupid at the moment or what? Am I supposed to do copywriting on a phone?

Also, did you know that there ARE laptops that work mostly off online storage now? Because I'm sat here typing on one now, namely a Chromebook. They also boot up immediately, they don't take any time at all. Plus, if your PC / laptop is taking that long to boot up that it's putting you off conventional computers then I'd suggest the problem isn't PCs / laptops but rather the fact that your system is crap.

• Paid Members

The thought that someone would happily pay £50+ a month for a phone contract absolutely baffles me. Even if I had money to burn I'd realise that was an absolute rip-off.

I currently have an iPhone 5c, 16gb with unlimited data and texts, with 250 minutes. Costs me £26 a month without paying anything for the phone up-front.
As someone who until getting this had a Sony Ericsson K800i for about 5 years and only replaced it because it physically stopped working, the thought someone would pay double what I currently pay for a phone with so very minimal changes other than it has more storage (who needs that much storage for a phone? Do you have a million photos and songs?) and a couple more inches on the screen doesn't make any sense to me.

• Paid Members

I currently have an iPhone 5c, 16gb with unlimited data and texts, with 250 minutes. Costs me £26 a month without paying anything for the phone up-front.

From where?

Phones4U in Middlesbrough (but the offer was online too). I just went to their website and it's down, looks like it was bought out or went into administration or something.

£27.99 a month, not £26 as I thought. But still.

Phones 4U went bump about a week ago when the networks revealed that they wouldn't be renewing their contracts. The company was making tons of money but the networks only want to work with Carphone Warehouse. I guess that means good deals will be harder to come by as there is less competition. I can see a day when Carphone Warehouse loses the contracts too, and we end up with a cartel like with the energy companies with the customer having fewer options.

Archived