New iphone 6

bono

With the big press conference on tuesday whats the new iphone going to give us? Loads and loads of rumours knocking around.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/iphone/10970671/iPhone-6-rumours-everything-you-need-to-know.html

Theres also massive rumours gathering pace that apple are teaming up with u2 again just like they did in 2004. Rumours that a new album or single will be pre loaded on the phone.

• Paid Members

I'm due an upgrade towards the end of the year (still on an iPhone 4) and was considering jumping to an Android device this time round. I'm undecided, though. Will see what Apple bring to the table. I read there are people already queuing in NYC outside the Apple Store...the fucking thing hasn't even been unveiled yet!

Just got an iPhone 5C which I'm happy with. I only got it because my 4S broke after years of loyal service. Except for being faster and having a bigger screen, I don't notice any difference. There's a lot of talk about Apple really needing to roll out some new ideas this time round so it will be interesting to see if they do or not.

• Paid Members

I ended up getting into a somewhat heated debate on Reddit regarding the screen size.

Personally, I'm not a fan of larger screen sized devices. I think the iPhone 4 was probably the perfect size for me as I could do absolutely everything just holding it in one hand. I upgraded to the 5S because my 4 was slow as shit and it's definitely a better phone but I definitely don't want a phone that's much bigger than that.

It appears, at the moment, that the iPhone 6 will come in 2 sizes - 5.5" and 4.7" - but even the smaller of the two is more than half an inch bigger than the 5.

On Reddit, the responses seemed to boil down to "if you don't like it, don't buy it" and "move with the times, this is what people want". However, there were people agreeing with me in that phablet sized devices are a trend which will pass and we'll get back to a 'smaller=better' mentality.

At the moment though, I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place as if I want to upgrade to a new device, I have to sacrifice on my perception of ease of use, being that I don't want a phone where I have to use both hands to send a bloody text message as I'm walking down the street.

I agree with having a smaller screen. Ive got the 5 which is just about right but it seemed big when i had it after the iphone 4. I think they seem big at first but you soon get use to them. having it a thinner and lighter may compensate for the bigger screen.

I doubt bigger phones will be a fad. They're used for so much more than the basics now. Devices like the Note do well in Asia I believe. Having a phone for two or three different sizes is the way forward and what phone companies seem to be doing. Sony released the Z2 (fairly big) and the Z2 Compact, which has virtually the same specs but is smaller. Most other manufacturers do Mini versions of their phones too.

I enjoy the bigger devices as I like to use it to do more than phone calls. In a world where things are done instantly, don't have time to boot up a pc when I can just push a button on my phone and i'm searching information instantly. TBH i don't understand why Laptops are still going with online storage available and phones.

• Paid Members

I enjoy the bigger devices as I like to use it to do more than phone calls. In a world where things are done instantly, don't have time to boot up a pc when I can just push a button on my phone and i'm searching information instantly. TBH i don't understand why Laptops are still going with online storage available and phones.

Really? I couldn't imagine having to type anything of substance on a phone. It'd do my head in with shit autocorrects and my fat fingers.

Who plans to get ripped off next week then? I've had my upgrade saved for a few months now and my network offered me the 128GB iPhone 6 Plus for £51 a month and £99 up front.

I'm not sure if Three understand the concept of customer retention, or loyalty. Whilst I wasn't expecting something for nothing, I'm already paying £39 a month, I'd happily go up to £45 a month if the handset was free, but what they offered equals £1323 over 2 years? No chance! Cheaper to buy it outright and downgrade to a sim only deal.

Maybe the Samsung Note 4 will be a little cheaper, if it ever gets released.

Who plans to get ripped off next week then? I've had my upgrade saved for a few months now and my network offered me the 128GB iPhone 6 Plus for £51 a month and £99 up front.

I'm not sure if Three understand the concept of customer retention, or loyalty. Whilst I wasn't expecting something for nothing, I'm already paying £39 a month, I'd happily go up to £45 a month if the handset was free, but what they offered equals £1323 over 2 years? No chance! Cheaper to buy it outright and downgrade to a sim only deal.

A bit like you we have one line due for upgrade this month and another the next. The cheapest plan to no have to pay anything up front for the 6 is £50 per month and the 6 + is £56 per month.

I am torn between the 5.5 and 4.7 in size, with me going the gym now on a regular basis I dont want to pulling a big phablet out every time I want to move tracks. But I can see the benefit of the extra screen size for emails, netflix etc.

• Paid Members

TBH i don't understand why Laptops are still going with online storage available and phones.

Because there are use cases other than your own?

For example, I couldn’t write code on a clients’ premises on my mobile phone. For that, I have a laptop.

Bingo! Exactly what I do and I usually but the handset from the states to save £100-£150 too. I then just pay £10 a month for a sim only deal.

Archived