Imagine Twitter during the Monday Night Wars

TheShowOff

Twitter is the greatest thing to happen to wrestling, we all know that. But what do you think it would have been like if it were around during the Monday night wars? 

Would wrestlers like Mick Foley have been exposed as being thin skinned? I picture a world where Eric Bischoff trolls Mick Foley on a daily basis. I imagine Vince Russo in 2000 having some awful Twitter say on the official WCW Twitter account. If such a public forum were around I imagine he'd be "teasing" stuff on a constant basis. 

Lot's of leverage Tweets towards end of contracts also. Hashtag opposition. 

What do you think we could have seen back then, and what would you have liked to have seen? 

I imagine much like now fans would moan alot about stuff kinda like 'bring back the attitude era' would be 'bring back REAL wrestling' type stuff 

#montrealscrewjob would be a huge trend going back further so would #Austin316 

Its interesting in general cause the internet must affect some peoples opinions on some stuff

• Moderators

If Twitter had been around back then, Russo would have immediately declared it the future of the business and done away with TV matches altogether, making guys type their moves to each other like a TNM match report.

@billykidman I powerbomb you

@juvijuice I reverse your powerbomb

• Moderators

If Twitter had been around back then, Russo would have immediately declared it the future of the business and done away with TV matches altogether, making guys type their moves to each other like a TNM match report.

@billykidman I powerbomb you

@juvijuice I reverse your powerbomb

As the old Monday NIght Wars meme goes, YOU CAN'T POWERBOMB KIDMAN!

@NaitchNitro - Just beat Sting WOO! We need ALL the girls to come back to the hotel tonight #AllNightLong

@ChrisBenoit - Mistimed a monkey flip. Gonna do 2,000 reps #Rabid

@SteveAustinBSR - Just whooped Vince's ass. Time for a cold one #316

@VinceRusso - If you haven't seen Nitro tonight #SPOILER Sting beats Flair

Archived