Fire Pro Wrestling creator dead

TheShowOff

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/4/5580676/fi...sses-away-at-48

Sad news. Been playing the games for the past ten years with much joy. There's something about having a match between a knock off Hawk and Sabu which other wrestling game franchises just couldn't compete with. Even now on my Nexus 10 SNES emulator, FP X Premium gets played a couple of times a month on the morning commute.

Finding out during the first throes of my Puroresu obsession in the early 00s that there was a game where I could do head-drops on The Rock with Kenta Kobashi blew my mind. I still remember carrying a printout of who everyone in the roster was meant to be around with me while playing my Gameboy Advance. I was a strange teen.

Anyway, really sad news. Thanks for the fun times I've had playing your game sir.

If you can get the US store on your PS3(and find a way of paying), you can download one of the Fire Pro games.

Fire Pro Returns, easiley one of the best. If you hack your Wii you can also run every SNES and GBA era Fire Pro game via that. You can even use a real SNES controller if you're into that kind of thing. One of the GBA games features 'management of the ring' mode, a great take on a GM mode. It's one of the Japanese games, but a little ROM patching later and it's all in English. Personally i'm rocking the SNES Fire Pro games and the old NES WWF games at the moment. Using a NES controller wit ha Wii is an odd idea, but wouldn't feel right if the controller had curves lol.

Sad news

Only a few other games can come close to comparison to the amount I've enjoyed the Fire Pro games over the years, I still play Fire Pro Returns on a regular basis on the PS3.

I can remember after playing with the SNES versions via emulators I got to play a Fire Pro on a console for the first time with Fire Pro D on the Dreamcast, which I'll forever be thankful to the UKFF's own JLM for hooking me up with.

Sad News,love Fire Pro Returns, currently got a roster 95 to present day from everywhere and just started on my brit wrestling roster and like people said having the possibility to have El Ligero vs Undertaker in a exploding barbed wire match is something unique.

Fire Pro rocks my world. Ive had Fire Pro on the GBA in one form or another for donkeys and have modded both that and Fire Pro Wrestling 2!. A britwres ish roster is in the PCW thread somewhere and an old school roster 1989-1992ish is in the retro thread. Loved others in the series too

RIP

• 3 weeks later...
For those wanting to replay a cracking version of Fire Pro then the Android App Reicast plays it very well, and you don't need a ultra powerful device to play it on.

Are there any saves easily or is the roster pretty good on Fire pro D, never played the DC version

Archived