The UKFF Awards 2000!

tiger_rick

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best Pro-wrestler of 2000: Triple H, good to great matches with everyone (except the abortion against Angle at Unforgiven and Austin at Survivor Series) Taka, Hardcore Holly, The Rock, Jericho, Cactus, drew big time money, stopped doing boring promos, looked the part more than ever, just the complete wrestler that year

Best Match of 2000: Triple H vs Cactus Jack at the Rumble, Great match with a great ending which kept them both strong plus everyone at school was going on about it on the Tuesday after it was on C4, honourable mention to Steiner vs Goldberg at whatever PPV it was, Fall Brawl I think

Best Event of 2000: Backlash, probably my favourite Pay Per View ever, Great forgotten match (except for on here) with Malenko vs Scotty 2 Hotty, Jericho and Benoit was great, Trish looked fit as fuck in the pre match promo against the Dudleys, Great main event with the crowd going ballistic for Austin except for when they realised how fucked he was, then they went mental again when Rock won anyway, just great in every way

Greatest Moment of 2000: forget what happened afterwards, Taz's debut was immense, one lad at school walked round with a towel over his head every break time for about a fortnight after the Rumble (it wasn't me by the way)

Funniest Moment of 2000: Pretty much anything with Edge and Christian (especially when they were backstage with Foley) but specifically Edge going "Chris Benoit is here and he's really mad" to the tune of Benoit's music

Best Tag Team of 2000: 3 way tie, Dudleys/E&C/Hardys, best tag division since the 80's, especially with the teams the level below (Outlaws for the first month of the year or so, Too Cool, T&A etc.)

Breakout Star of 2000: Kurt Angle, had weird 50/50 booking all year (crushed at Backlash and Unforgiven, neither of which made any sense, Taker did him no favours at Fully Loaded, looked like a gimp after he won the title, looked strong when he was in proper matches, great in skits) but managed to come through it all and turn what could have been a one dimensional comedy character into a deadly serious in the ring knobhead out of it hybrid that was over and credible

Best Non-Wrestler of 2000: Foley, except for when he went serious during the "who ran over Austin" storyline, then I wanted him to fuck off, honourable mention to Major Gunns, 16 year old me loved watching Nitro due to her Canada bikini

Worst Pro-wrestler of 2000: Sacrilege on here but Boss Man, looked so stale and out of place on that roster, not necessarily his fault but fuck it, it's my list

Worst Match of 2000: Terri vs The Kat at Mania, least Val Venis got a payday out of it but when they do that bad a job of a cat fight then you know they're shite

Worst Event of 2000: Unforgiven, shite main event, shite HHH vs Angle match, shite Austin return, only decent thing was Raven's debut

Biggest Anti-climax of 2000: Taz not doing much other than his great debut

Archived