Royal Rumble Stats [2014 Edition]

tiger_rick

Fascinating to find out that it took more to shift Muhamad Hassan than Earthquake, Clay or Diesel. Made absolutely sure he went over.

It didn't really.

From memory the wrestlers already in the ring were in the midst of a Smackdown vs Raw battle (which the crowd were right into) when Hassan entered. Everyone stopped and then joined together to unceremoniously chib him over the ropes.

Great list, a few things to help on the guest/surprise entrant list. Given if they meet your criteria.

1993 - Carlos Colon & Tenryu were guest entrants.

1994 - Could be argued Virgil was a guest as he was a replacement for Kamala and as far as I'm aware wasn't part of the roster. *Edit* Greg Valentine was also a guest as wasn't part of the roster at the time.

1995 - Barbarian was part of Headshrikers as Sionne however Rick Martel wasn't part of the roster I believe so could be classed as guest.

2004 - Mick Foley was a surprise, wasn't supposed to be in the Rumble, took Tests place after attacking him.

2005 - Same could be said for Kurt Angle who after initially not being entered. Stole Nunzio's number.

I'm not sure if they meet the Criteria but Eugene returned in 2006 unannounced as did Goldust. Eugene was part of the roster but I'm pretty sure Goldust (and the aforementioned Tatanka) weren't.

2009 - I'd argue Goldust and Duggan weren't guests but were surprises. However they were both part of the Raw roster at the time but weren't announced prior to the event. However neither were MVP, JTG, Mike Knox, Regal or Ziggler who also entered the Rumble so meet the same criteria as Goldust and Duggan.

2010 - Beth Phoenix I'd say was a surprise entrant. If only due to the fact she was a diva & nobody expected her to turn up...or at least I didn't?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

WWE claimed 25 countries have been represented in their numbers video this year. Santino was in it as an "Italian" so it's obviously in the worked sense.

There are the obvious 5: USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan and UK.

Then I reckon

France (Andre The Giant / Rene Dupree)

India (Singh / Khali / Mahal)

Iran (Iron Sheik)

Ireland (Sheamus)

Italy (Santino)

Jamaica (Kofi Kingston)

New Zealand (Bushwackers)

Outer Reaches Of Your Mind

Portugal (Aldo Montoya)

Puerto Rico (Colons / Savio)

Russia (Volkoff / Zhukov)

Samoa (Fatu / Samu)

South Africa (Akeem / Justin Gabriel)

Switzerland (Antonio Cesaro)

Tonga (Haku)

That makes 19. What are the others?

Iraq? (Col Mustafa)

Ghana? (Also Kofi Kingston)

England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland separately?

And where the hell was Saba Simba supposed to be from?

Archived