The NBA Discussion Thread

Art Vandelay

Haha. You've got to be telling yourself that over and over to actually believe that. Obviously for a start Melo is bigger than all those except 'Bron who is on his way out, then Bosh will sign the max contract with the Rockets and you'll be left with a broken down D-Wade. Poor Miami :laugh:

Alright lads, posted this is off topic questions but might have better luck in here!

Has anyone ordered off the official NBA or NFL shops? There is a sale going and when the dollars convert into pounds it works out like 20 quid or so for a jersey. Does anyone know if they smash you on delivery or through customs?

Alright lads, posted this is off topic questions but might have better luck in here!

Has anyone ordered off the official NBA or NFL shops? There is a sale going and when the dollars convert into pounds it works out like 20 quid or so for a jersey. Does anyone know if they smash you on delivery or through customs?

I've never had a problem with custom charges with the NBA shop and I own over 100 jerseys. You should be fine.

I've never had a problem with custom charges with the NBA shop and I own over 100 jerseys. You should be fine.

Cheers pal. Is the delivery fast or cheap?

Today is the day for signing contracts. Miami Heat will sign the 3 biggest free agents out there. LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade

Lebron has just signed for the Cleveland Cavaliers. He's going home! Unreal stuff, proper hollywood style story. Have you got your Cavs jersey on order?! Chris Bosh has also accepted a max contract from Houston Rockets, leaving Miami in a complete state. I've got to be honest, it's very sweet to see.

• Paid Members
Today is the day for signing contracts. Miami Heat will sign the 3 biggest free agents out there. LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade

Lebron has just signed for the Cleveland Cavaliers. He's going home! Unreal stuff, proper hollywood style story. Have you got your Cavs jersey on order?! Chris Bosh has also accepted a max contract from Houston Rockets, leaving Miami in a complete state. I've got to be honest, it's very sweet to see.

Sensational stuff! Bosh leaving as well fucks the Heat royally, and I wouldnt be surprised to see Wade join Lebron in Cleveland. Any more word on the potential Love trade?

Melo will commit to the Knicks now, hopefully Jackson can trade STAT away and upgrade this team for next year.

Lin has been traded to the Lakers, interesting. Who can the Heat realistically pick up who are going to stop them from plummeting this season?

Edited by KJHenley

Could Cleveland afford Wade? With LeBron and Irving, there's talk of Ray Allen and Mile Miller heading to Cleveland.

Ah well, it's been an amazing 4 years with 4 NBA Championship Finals and 2 Championships. Nothing lasts forever. We'll be back there one day. Until then though, anyone know where I can pick up a decent prices Cleveland Jersey? :-p

I'm not angry at Lebron, he gave us 4 years and went to 4 finals can't argue with that

Not sure where the rumors of Bosh already singed for Houston have come from, he apparently hasn't decided yet tho its between the Rockets and Heat, I do expect him to take the Rockets offer of a max deal but we'll see

Wade will surely return, reports Chicago have reached out to him but that was always going to happen, I'd be amazed and devastated if he ever left Miami, he is my fave player of all time, my Heat Idol don't want him to ever wear another jersey.

What an amazing, crazy day!

Have you seen the billboards in Cleveland already?? https://twitter.com/cavsnews/status/487677761952034816

Also, CONFIRMED: Chris Bosh has agreed to a 5 year $118M deal to stay with Miami. If Wade stays too, you can guarantee Heat vs. Cavs on Christmas Day.

Ray Allen is also talking to Cleveland about signing there too.

Well no sooner do I post about Bosh to Houston not being confirmed the Dinosaur is back baby

Over paid? yes probably but we need him and got to credit the guy, he always seemed the odd one out in the Big 3 talk, I've always felt he was underrated in terms of what he gave to the team and now he can show that,

He needs to get closer to the basket tho, taking the 3 is ok now and then but we really don't want that to be his game.

Wade and Haslem are reportedly done deals as well its just a matter of finalizing the terms, I'd go 3 years for Wade and 2 for Haslem they are the heart and soul of this team.

Its WADECOUNTY again

Deng is also only interested in Miami now according to reports and sources.

We'll be just fine

I admire Bosh for a bit of loyalty there, looked cut and dry he would return home to Houston. Obviously Wade is also staying, throw in Deng perhaps and the Heat are still on course for at least the Eastern Semifinals. The main worry there is that unless Bosh starts going into the post more, I don't really see anyone on that roster who can take control of the game by the scruff of the neck. For me, the Cavs, Pacers and potentially the Bulls are better in the East as of right now. Heat fans, quick question. Why is Udonis Haslem being brought back? Is he a glue guy or something? He's been there his entire career and his numbers are really painfully average at best.

Some other trade news. Pau Gasol is about to finalise a deal with the Bulls. (WTF) I don't get this move, it's rather odd, considering he's really not too much of a step up from Boozer at this stage of his career and he doesn't really defend.

Melo has re-signed with the Knicks (Say goodbye to any chance of winning a ring, should have jumped to the Bulls at first opportunity) which is interesting for Knicks and not so much the rest of the league. Lamar Odom was released last night as well, although oddly the Knicks signed Cole Aldrich to a deal.

Vince Carter has gone to the Grizzlies, which is a great 6th man pick up for them, and finally adds some outside shooting for them.

Anthony Morrow who was a serious target for the Heat before Lebron left, has joined the Thunder for 3 years. A nice little pick up there indeed, he can heat up quick given the playing time.

No more news on Kevin Love other than the Cavs are apparently now offering Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett and 2 future first round picks. Apparently Andrew Wiggins has been told by Cavs officials he won't be traded. I expect Love to eventually end up with the Cavs too.

As a Knicks fan, I'm delighted at the Melo news. We may not win or do much this year, but I trust that Phil Jackson can deliver.

- Luol Deng has agreed to a two-year, $20 million deal with Miami Heat.

- Paul Pierce signs with the Wizards. Odd move for Pierce, I was sure he was a cert for the Clippers or to go back and finish his career in Boston. Will be odd seeing him and KG on different teams, if KG comes back that is!