The NBA Discussion Thread

Art Vandelay

Thoughts on the Deng/Bynum trade that happened last night?

I can understand why the Bulls did it, but I thought they would have took a role player instead of taking Bynum to waive him. It's a risky move from the Bulls, Rose has told management that he has no interest in rebuilding which means they must have had a pretty strong indicator from either Melo or Lebron that they will sign and take a pay cut to link up with Rose and Noah. Expect Boozer to be amnestied next.

Just got a PS4 and NBA 2K14, it lives up to the hype so far.

Did a fantasy draft and got first pick, went with Lebron. I am only on Pro mode, but I find the most success I have is through 3 pointers, as my players tend to go unguarded on the 3 point line. Lebron is pretty much carrying my team elsewhere though. Enjoying the real life highlights you get as well.

At least in Argos 2k14 is pretty sold out, in Cheshire I got the last one in stock when I checked the stock finder on their website. Live 14 I have seen everywhere though.

Pro mode? That's pretty tough dude. I'm still playing on rookie.

I am 2-0 in season mode, but 0-2 playing on exhibition, including a blowout as the 97-98 Bulls to the current Orlando Magic. One of my season games I won through double overtime, so I am hardly top draw at it yet, I may switch to rookie myself.

I usually play on Hall Of Fame with Simulation sliders but it's significantly harder on next gen. I've dropped down to All Star and custom sliders downloaded from OS for a more realistic game on My GM and my exhibition matches. I'm mainly playing Domination Mode on My Team though, I've been saving all my VC for the 90/91 Chicago Bulls packs in my quest to get MJ. My current team is :

PG Kyrie Irving

SG JR Smith

SF Danilo Galinari

PF Blake Griffin

C Tim Duncan

6th Man : Tony Parker

Nikola Pekovic

Kyle Lowry

Klay Thompson

Michael Kidd Gilchrist

Eric Bledsoe

David West

I'm just missing a gold level SF to make an all gold lineup but I've sailed through the first 3 seeds online with that lineup, using the Clippers playbook, lots of alley-oops and pick and roll action with Kyrie and Blake, tons of fun!

If you're struggling with the game this year, I recommend running pick and roll and letting the coach run plays for you, you'll get lots of good looks from the perimeter and plenty of opportunities to take it to the rack. If only the servers were more stable!

Who else would you pick!?

Jordan if I had the choice!

Lebron is a beast on the game though. Which I noticed when I played as other teams with less rated players. I like that about the 2k series that their rating system does show. In some games a player ranted as say 99, can play almost the same as a player rated 75.

Edited by jimufctna24

I'm mainly playing Domination Mode on My Team though

Just started myteam mode, and my current squad is pretty crap, played 2 lost 2 so far. I did win as the 90-91 Bulls against the 90-91 Pistons on quick game, but I am getting blown away on domination mode.

This my first NBA 2K since 2k11, and I must say I am really enjoying it, a worthy first game for my PS4, thanks for the recommendation guys :thumbsup:

Kevin Love at the Lakers would be a great move for them. The only negatives I can mention regarding him are: He's turned into a whining bitch this year, but I don't think that's particularly a bad thing when you realise he must be frustrated to hell in Minnesota. The other negative is a big thing though. He goes missing in the fourth quarter. Regularly. Just check his stats, it's ugly viewing. He's still a top 3 PF in the league though and a huge step up for the Lakers on a broken, washed up Pau Gasol.