The NBA Discussion Thread

Art Vandelay

Griffin has already came out in the press the last week and said Kevin Love is absolutely not for trade. He may go in the Summer though. Realistically, as entertaining as the East has been this year, and let's not forget the Bulls have 2 wins already against the Cavs, it means nothing in the regular season. None of the teams in the East have shown anything to suggest they could beat the Cavs, there's too many mismatches all over the court for them to beat them in a series.

• 1 month later...

Playoffs time then eh? What's everyone's expectations for there individual teams (If they made it)

Easily gonna be a GS win overall again. 

My Celtics have a tough 1st round against Atlanta - But I think if they get through it they give Cleveland a hell of time in the 2nd round.

Easily gonna be a GS win overall again. 

Agreed. I think GS will do the double on the Cavs in the final. The real test for GS will probably come in the Western conference final against the Spurs. 

My Magic failed to make it. As did two of my secondary teams (Lakers and Bulls). Due to that, I'm on the GS bandwagon for the next 2 months. Curry is just something else. 

Unless there's a major upset, you can't look beyond a Golden State win. They've had a phenomenal season, they should also give credit to Luke Walton for stepping up when Steve Kerr was out with complications from back surgery. I think some teams might make moves for Luke in the post season and I think he'd do well with an up & coming team. Maybe the 76ers now Will & Jada  have bought the team. I think it might take time though as the 76ers don't really have an AI now to built a team around. Maybe if they have cap space and do some good trades they could put a good team together. Maybe the key is to get a good draft pick and create a younger team.

Going back to the Warriors, you can't really compare eras since the game has moved on since then, but the Splash brothers are certainly among the top duos in recent NBA history (say the past two/three decades). I think Shaq & Kobe and of course MJ & Scottie will still take everyone's vote as the best duo. Speaking of Kobe, what a way to go out with 60 points, he put up a lot of shots (50!) but they paid dividends. If he does get the itch to come back, highly unlikely though, I see Mark Cuban and the Mavs bringing him in. But I think it's more likely he'll transition into coaching eventually. It's a shame they don't have Phil Jackson at the Lakers since I think it would have been a great opportunity for Kobe to learn under Phil. Him coaching the Knicks with Jackson's patented Triangle offense is a possibility. I think the Cavs might implode along the way and the Raptors might shock everyone and be the team in the East. The Spurs with their big 3 might surprise to, if they manage to keep healthy and sweep teams. If they go 6-7 games I don't know how long Tim, Parker & Manu will be able to keep going on because really they should be playing limited minutes and being impact players. 

Should be a fun Playoffs and there might be a few surprises along the way too.

• 1 month later...

Loving the playoffs right now. Who is everyone picking from the final four?

Would love to see OKC win it but part of me wants Warriors Cavs II.

Raptors the obvious underdogs but they were awesome vs Heat plus the CBS blunder today will give them extra incentive

• Paid Members

As some on here know, I'm big on Toronto sides with my mate living just outside Toronto these days, and the "we the other" campaign is brilliant. Toronto's Mayor is just oozing charisma in the wake of it as well, pretty much claiming Raptors are going to win the whole thing. Really hyped for them.

A crazy couple of days in the NBA....

I don't agree with Green not being suspended for the Adams cheap shot. I can see the argument for not doing so, but I still think he should have got a one game suspension for that. Tonight's game should be VERY interesting.

And last night, Toronto looked awesome! Could the Cavs really fall apart in this series? Kevin Love has looked awful in the past few games. I'm starting to think they should give his minutes to Channing Frye.

I think the Cavs might implode along the way and the Raptors might shock everyone and be the team in the East

Seems like so far I'm right. Golden State also have imploded so far too, not sure why the wheels have fell off as Steph is back now from injury and in theory they should be playing to their usual high standard. Maybe the pressure has got to them. Anyway I won't be surprised now if we see the Raptors vs Thunder final and the Raptors become NBA champions. Seems like this year in sports is the year of the underdog. 

Raptors winning would be a great story. Lowry, DeRozan and the big man Biyombo have really stepped up the last two games. Thought Lebron was quiet last night, but it was close. Raptors showed huge resilience in the last quarter to make you think they might actually do this. Game 5 is massive.

Still think the winner is coming from the West. OKC made mince meat of Warriors and wouldn't be surprised to see them do it again tonight.

Before finals I was expecting a Cavs sweep and Warriors 4-2 win, like Art says, a crazy few days.

And Green should have been suspended, definitely deliberate, its the second time in successive games, to the same bloke. Things may get heated tonight, can't wait!

I think the Cavs might implode along the way and the Raptors might shock everyone and be the team in the East

Seems like so far I'm right. Golden State also have imploded so far too, not sure why the wheels have fell off as Steph is back now from injury and in theory they should be playing to their usual high standard. Maybe the pressure has got to them. Anyway I won't be surprised now if we see the Raptors vs Thunder final and the Raptors become NBA champions. Seems like this year in sports is the year of the underdog. 

Or not .

Save for games 3 and 4 it was never in any doubt, the Cavs beat the fuck out of the Raptors. At times it was embarrassing, for a conference finals to be so one sided. As most of the US Papers said over the weekend, the Cavs winning put the rest of the Eastern Conference out of it's misery., this was a guarantee from day 1 of the season. This time, I think they might win the whole thing too. 

Looks like OKC have blown their chance to make the finals, massive shame too as I'd love to see KD win a chip. Still, a healthy Cavs against the Warriors should be mighty interesting, Lebron pushed them close on pretty much his own last year.