New Japan iPPV thread

JNLister

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Does Styles as Gaijin Ace pretty much mean Devitt will be going to Orlando then?

I don't think Devitt is that stupid. I'd like to think he's left New Japan because he's going to be rocking up on NXT as Fergitt O'Devill or whatever.

• Paid Members
Does Styles as Gaijin Ace pretty much mean Devitt will be going to Orlando then?

I don't think Devitt is that stupid. I'd like to think he's left New Japan because he's going to be rocking up on NXT as Fergitt O'Devill or whatever.

I think that's what Butch meant. The Performance Centre is in Orlando.

• Paid Members

I'm guessing you can see why I thought "TNA" for "Orlando." But yeah, once Devitt drops the Rev Pro cruiserweight title next Saturday, I expect it won't take long before he reports to NXT.

• Moderators

Yeah. Too "North American". Pretty TNA in fact in parts. I know moving to a more American model is a big part of their success but they need to be careful not to take the piss with run ins, turns and DQs on big shows as the bottom can fall out when people get sick of too many.

• Paid Members
Has anyone watched todays PPV yet? Some shocking booking there.

I watched it as it happened. The Bucks were less shit than they used to be, Ishii/Honma was much better than I expected, Ibushi/Taguchi was very good, I could have done without the Gracies winning but since I was never going to give a shit about the match it didn't really matter either way. The illumination (LOL) match was a bit kind of just there but it served a purpose, and the main event was very good. I'm sure some people will complain that a run-in and interference is not the way the IWGP title should change hands, but there was never going to be a better time to do it with a proper heel stable taking over at the top.

Anyone that wants to moan about Okada losing like that can do with reminding he had the belt 13 months, beat fucking everyone (apart from Nakamura) in the process and as I stated, it took three finishers to pin him, so he still looked strong in defeat. It was time to shuffle the deck and create some fresh main event possibilities and with Styles on top, they've done that. Styles vs Goto, Shibata, Makabe, Naito, Nakamura or even Ishii would be entertaining matches, no doubt Okada will earn a rematch at some point, and one day Tana might re-insert himself into the picture, possibly while Styles is still champion. No complaints here from the booking of that one for me.

Has anyone watched todays PPV yet? Some shocking booking there.

I watched it as it happened. The Bucks were less shit than they used to be, Ishii/Honma was much better than I expected, Ibushi/Taguchi was very good, I could have done without the Gracies winning but since I was never going to give a shit about the match it didn't really matter either way. The illumination (LOL) match was a bit kind of just there but it served a purpose, and the main event was very good. I'm sure some people will complain that a run-in and interference is not the way the IWGP title should change hands, but there was never going to be a better time to do it with a proper heel stable taking over at the top.

Anyone that wants to moan about Okada losing like that can do with reminding he had the belt 13 months, beat fucking everyone (apart from Nakamura) in the process and as I stated, it took three finishers to pin him, so he still looked strong in defeat. It was time to shuffle the deck and create some fresh main event possibilities and with Styles on top, they've done that. Styles vs Goto, Shibata, Makabe, Naito, Nakamura or even Ishii would be entertaining matches, no doubt Okada will earn a rematch at some point, and one day Tana might re-insert himself into the picture, possibly while Styles is still champion. No complaints here from the booking of that one for me.

I was talking more about things like Tanahashi doing a super Cena style comeback to bury the tag champs on the road to show, to build up to a throw away 8 man elimination today where the faces had the numbers advantage for a big chunk of it, add to that Taguchi loses a big chunk of his momentum from the Devitt match by losing to Ibushi yet is suddenly a credible challenger to Tanahashi's Intercontinental title? Bullet club are getting watered down as well with the addition of Yujiro, it's like a Japanese NWO now and Nakamura heading in to a feud with Okada really shouldn't be on the losing end in a match with the Gracies.

• Paid Members
Taguchi loses a big chunk of his momentum from the Devitt match by losing to Ibushi yet is suddenly a credible challenger to Tanahashi's Intercontinental title?

Come again? Have I missed something?

Nakamura heading in to a feud with Okada really shouldn't be on the losing end in a match with the Gracies.

He didn't get pinned, nobody should give a fuck about that. His last match that mattered, he pinned Tanahashi.

Taguchi loses a big chunk of his momentum from the Devitt match by losing to Ibushi yet is suddenly a credible challenger to Tanahashi's Intercontinental title?

Come again? Have I missed something?

Nakamura heading in to a feud with Okada really shouldn't be on the losing end in a match with the Gracies.

He didn't get pinned, nobody should give a fuck about that. His last match that mattered, he pinned Tanahashi.

Granted I don't speak Japanese but the impression I got after the 8 man when Taguchi came outt was that is what they were heading to.

• Paid Members
Granted I don't speak Japanese but the impression I got after the 8 man when Taguchi came outt was that is what they were heading to.

You can't tell Shibata from Taguchi. Gotcha.

P.S. Taguchi wouldn't have been challenging Tana to an Intercontinental title shot even it had been him. Nakamura is champion.

You can't tell Shibata from Taguchi. Gotcha.

P.S. Taguchi wouldn't have been challenging Tana to an Intercontinental title shot even it had been him. Nakamura is champion.

Ah my bad. I skipped over the promo parts because I can't understand them and didn't think Shibata with that quick glance since he seems to be busy tagging with Goto.

Plus I think I missed Nakamura winning the title. Was that at Invasion Attack?

• Paid Members
Plus I think I missed Nakamura winning the title. Was that at Invasion Attack?

Yes. He'd have looked a dickhead if he hadn't.

EDIT - here's the Yokohama card anyway. A couple of piss-break matches here but also a couple that should be winners. Slightly miffed a Chaos under-carder isn't going after Yujiro. Tana/Makabe v Super Best Friends will be awesome.

1. Liger/Tiger Mask/M

Archived