New Japan iPPV thread

JNLister

How does buying the iPPV work?

I'm willing to pay WK8 in January, but what exactly does it involve? Do I have to register with a certain site or can I just pay using a debit card as a one off. And do you get the event as a data file to watch at your leisure, or are you just paying for a stream and nothing else?

You pay for a stream. You can rewatch it but it only lasts for about 1 week.

You need to register but it's quick and free to register. Then you can just pay by card. Registering is needed to ensure that you can watch the stream.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

You can also download the stream (having paid for it) using various applications. I use the Video Download Professional extension in Chrome. It'll be in FLV format, but if you have something that can play that, it makes it much easier to skip through the bits in between matches.

You can also download the stream (having paid for it) using various applications. I use the Video Download Professional extension in Chrome. It'll be in FLV format, but if you have something that can play that, it makes it much easier to skip through the bits in between matches.

Would I then be able to rip the FLV to a DVD? Or least be able to convert to a different format to then rip to DVD

• Paid Members

If you found a suitable converter program - most stuff I've used gets a bit funny about FLV. The other problem is that you'd likely have to split the file somehow as the broadcasts usually run more than four hours.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

It's not a particularly fresh or inspiring line-up, but it's hard to imagine a show with those last four matches can't be great. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect four consecutive **** or better matches.

• 2 weeks later...

Yano's mystery partner is... The Great Muta.

And they've also added a preshow/dark match. It's going to be Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Tomoaki Honma, Captain New Japan & BUSHI vs. Manabu Nakanishi, Super Strong Machine, Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask.

I tend to use Freemake Video Creator which can convert a bunch of file types, one of which is to convert file to FLV so logic would dictate that you convert from FLV. And you can split files with it too

Downloads from the stream tend not to be particularly good. They're often posted (various places), but the bit-rate is usually somewhere around 750 Kbp/sec - 1Mb /sec. Resizing to 720x480 or 704x480 degrades the quality again. Perhaps better just burning the .flv as it is. to disc, if you're happy to watch it on PC alone. Not sure if it was yourself, but I sent a copy of last year's Dome show (in that format) to someone on here. The commercial version will probably surface a couple of months later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

They say you cant keep a good man down, and in the case of Luke Gallows it couldnt be more true. He's quite sensational. The fact he isnt working in the US for a major promotion is shocking. He's fantastic. I remember a year ago, he beat up Sting with a hammer and it was like "well there's your next main eventer, then". He's 6'7" and can talk and work. Does he fucking smell or something? How is he not working for WWE or TNA? He's exactly what TNA would need right now and he's perfect for WWE. Madness. He's only 30, so chances are he'll be back in WWE eventually. Probably on about $400,000 if he makes himself a star in New Japan like Albert did.

So how major league was today's Tokyo Dome show when it came to entrances? It was something else. Last year's show was great in that aspect but this year they took it even further. TimeSplitters with the Delorean, KES with the bikes, Gallows N Gun with the army look, Sakuraba and Nagata with the kids, Muta & Yano with dragons and a band playing, Goto with the drummers, Devitt coming out of a coffin and looking like Carnage, Okada with the usual money drop, Nakamura with the pole dancers, and Tanahashi with Marty Friedman rocking the guitar. Soo much entrance greatness, which I'm always a sucker for. I can't imagine anything else this year being able to top it.

In other news, they announced that the G1 Climax final day this year will be in the Seibu Dome (30,000+ arena). Really looking forward to that.

Archived