The 2013 UKFF UK50 - Stage Two

Big Benny HG

1) Kid Fite

one of Scotland's best, it's a crime he's not already through

2) Damon Leigh

Improved leaps and bounds this last year, as well as a strict diet to give him a more toned body for the look

3) Andy Wild

Another one who's come on leaps and bounds, as evidenced by his title runs in ICW and PWE

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damon Leigh

DDL is the man. A constant presence on the North West scene due to his ability to slot into any position on the card and get the crowd engaged as well as any other wrestler. He's been in absolutely brilliant shape recently as well. His street fight with Bubblegum in GPW a few months back was excellent, and is always over as one of the top babyfaces in that promotion. In Futureshock, he's spent the year in the tag team ranks, slotting in perfectly along with partner Raynaldo, one of many factors that makes it one of the most interesting tag divisions in the North West. Apparently his heel work in Great Bear has been exceptional, but I've not seen any Great Bear shows for myself. Damon Leigh is rarely the most spectacular wrestler on a roster, but he's always one of the most over.

Jack Gallagher

A few posts back, Jesster described Jack as "without much of an ability as a talker." I'd like to respectfully disagree. Jack has a very subtle, but extremely engaging sort of charisma when he speaks. His promos are always to the point, and he's not the most colourful character, but you hang onto every word. The way he carries himself gives him a presence that far exceeds his smallish size, and when he speaks, people listen.

Oh, and he's one of the very best technical wrestlers this country has produced in recent years. Matches within the voting period with international talent such as Davey Richards and Joe Legend were wonderful, as was his three way encounter with Zack Gibson and Stixx. Over in GPW, he lost his Million Dollar Belt inspired Gallagher's Gold to Ste "Bin" Mann in a solid encounter as well. It's unfortunate that his work in Japan has limited the amount of work he's had in Britain within the voting period, but it's well deserved.

Vote1: damon leigh, his matches with stixx (at gpw vs xwa vendetta) where damon was a heel was superb, plus as mentioned above his street fight at gpw vs bubblegum was ace hes got even better the last year.

Vote 2: jack gallagher. A few years ago he was doing this grungy shit gimmick with cyanide and didnt look all that good, to have evolved from that to what hes doing now is superb a complete reinvention. Good to see hes doing well in japan.

Vote1: damon leigh, his matches with stixx (at gpw vs xwa vendetta) where damon was a heel was superb, plus as mentioned above his street fight at gpw vs bubblegum was ace hes got even better the last year.

Vote 2: jack gallagher. A few years ago he was doing this grungy shit gimmick with cyanide and didnt look all that good, to have evolved from that to what hes doing now is superb a complete reinvention. Good to see hes doing well in japan.

Yeah when i watched him as Jack Toxic back then i would have never thought he would have evolved in to the wrestler he has . The only reason i think hes not near the top this year is he left the country half way into the period covered in voting

VOTE ONE: Jack Gallagher

Incredible wrestler who has more than deserved his time in Japan. Would have almost certainly been high up on the list had he been in the country for the 12 months. I only saw two of his matches during the voting period, but they were two of the best matches I'd seen.

VOTE TWO: Kay Lee Ray

Had some fantastic matches around the UK during the voting period and will no doubt continue to get better and get more exposure in years to come. As someone has already said, she's part of this new breed of female wrestlers who will change the way people look at womens wrestling

VOTE ONE: Jack Gallagher

REASON: That match with Davey Richards was my favourite match of the year. He's always been really impressive just a shame we haven't see him as much as we would have liked. But I'm made up to see his hard work getting rewarded in Japan.

VOTE TWO: Kay Lee Ray

REASON: She has had some fantastic matches with Carmel and a couple of the other girls on the UK scene, but she's stepped it up and taken on some of the guys too, in particular her match with Ligero at Southisdes Speed Kings showed how good she is.

VOTE THREE: Andy Wild

REASON: I don't think Andy has really hit his peak yet, but he's still always been impressive every time I've seen him, hope we see him more in PCW and English promotions soon.

• Paid Members

1- Paul Malen , seasoned pro who is a great wrestler an absolute heat magnet . Has now held the Southside tag title with Conners for almost 1 year.

2 - Kay Lee Ray , very possibly the best female talent in the UK who can mix it up with men just as easily as women

3 - Kid Fite - much for the same reasons as Malen above bar being one half of our tag team champions ;)

VOTE ONE: Andy Wild

REASON: Gifted young wrestler and has a lot of potential behind him. I'm not as high on him as others, everything's yet to click into place, but as a technician he's one of the best in the UK.

VOTE TWO: Jack Gallagher

REASON: His match with Davey Richards alone sealed the deal. What an incredible, intense, drama filled battle between two wrestlers who had to up their game to match their opponent and kept escalating to a finale that had the entire crowd either going wild or in shock. Only reason he didn't get into my original 15 was because I only saw him twice last year, even if one of those matches was a UK MOTYC.

VOTE THREE: Kay Lee Ray

REASON: Very happy that both April and Nikki have advanced but it would be a shame to see KLR not in there with them as she is every bit their equal, just a different style of female wrestler. Bubbly fan friendly personality in the ring and has had some fantastic brawls with Carmel.

Very interesting to note that out of the 47 already advanced, only 7 of them live south of the Midlands.

My choices are

Benham ali- looks a great prospect for the future

Kay lee ray- not seen much of feamle wrestling in the uk other than the odd eve match. Made a point of going to the queen of the ring and was very impressed

Damien dunne- a good singles and tag wrestler who is slowly gaining more and more recognition. Has a bright future

Jack Gallagher

Just watched a load of his Futureshock stuff and he's amazing. Makes all the great technical interesting with his emotional stuff. Loved tge Davey Richards match but the Mikey Whiplash one was even better for me. When he gets back from Japan he should hopefully get a higher profile.

Kay Lee Ray

Great flyer who really can show fire in her feuds especially with Carmel. The mental bump she took at the first ICW Edinburgh show prove she is fearless.

Damon Leigh

As noted previously, consistent in everything he does as a performer and the shape he has got himself in to is incredible. His ability to convey emotion is comparable to anybody for me. One of the hardest things in wrestling to do and seem sincere but he's got it nailed. When the story calls from him to take a stand, you genuinely feel he's doing it because he believes in it himself and it's not just another angle to set up a match. That has been a huge tool in keeping him relevant over these last 10 years.

Archived