Raw: London 02 Arena

Killjoy_Gee

• Paid Members
I'd like to see 2 chants please.

"She's got herpes" aimed at AJ.

"British Bulldog...clap clap clap clap clap.........British Bulldog" etc etc.

Cheers.

I'd like for the crowd to react and chant because something on the show inspired them to, not just to chant a bunch of pointless shit to show what a bunch of "smart" and "cool" twats they are.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Although the post-Wrestlemania Raw crowd were mainly Brits, i'd imagine that this RAW crowd will be mostly children and bored parents so the atmosphere will be quite different.

What evidence is there that that crowd was 'mainly Brits'?

The reports from those that were there, who claim to be responsible for the chanting. That's the basis of the thread, if you read the OP.

I was there. There were lots of Brits sure. But to suggest it was "mainly Brits" is stupid.

I too was there. Perhaps 'mainly' is too strong a word, but there was a pretty large British/European influence to the atmosphere.

The reaction to Wade Barrett at the Raw show showed that, the manner in which he was heavily cheered, loud chants of 'Wade Barrett's Barmy Army' etc.

The Fandango stuff was started by Brits, and caught on with the Americans present. The fact the Fandango theme became a 'thing' mainly in the U.K. at first illustrates that too. Even WWE has acknowledged the strong British/European influence at that show.

I'm sure the atmosphere at the London O2 Arena on Monday will be good, maybe even very good, but it will be no different to London tv tapings of the past.

I doubt it will top New Jersey (best WWE show I have ever been to for atmosphere), mainly because there will likely be a lot more kids present in London, wearing Cena/Mysterio gear, and kids aren't going to be doing cutting edge chants, singing or humour, they going to be trying to be American or cheering for Cena. Or just marveling at being at a WWE show, which is basically all you should be doing as a kid.

Thats my concern with times too.

Says doors open at 6 for a prompt 7 pm start - I guess they have to tape Main Event, and then a 3 hour Raw. Maybe they'll be wise and do Main Event/SMS Tuesday at the 2 hour long Smackdown?

You'll get 1 or 2 Superstars matches and then Raw. Likely to finish any time between 10:30-11:00, but you have to allow extra time to get out of the O2 and into the tube station, which will hold you up.

At Smackdown you'll get the Smackdown portion of Superstars, SMS, then Smackdown and then Main Event.

That's how it was in Birmingham last November anyways.

Says doors open at 6 for a prompt 7 pm start - I guess they have to tape Main Event, and then a 3 hour Raw. Maybe they'll be wise and do Main Event/SMS Tuesday at the 2 hour long Smackdown?

You'll get 1 or 2 Superstars matches and then Raw. Likely to finish any time between 10:30-11:00, but you have to allow extra time to get out of the O2 and into the tube station, which will hold you up.

At Smackdown you'll get the Smackdown portion of Superstars, SMS, then Smackdown and then Main Event.

Fantastic. thank you. I should be able to get the midnight train back to Eastbourne then.

For one of the tapings last year in the UK, they aired it live didn't they? Does anyone know if this is going out live too?

Fantastic. thank you. I should be able to get the midnight train back to Eastbourne then.

For one of the tapings last year in the UK, they aired it live didn't they? Does anyone know if this is going out live too?

Whatever happens you will get the experience the ultimate bore of ad breaks and constant commercials from WWE Studies and WWE Projects. Easily the worst part about WWE live TV.

Smackdown from Birmingham last November was shown at midnight on the Tuesday so not live but close.

They always used to tape the shows "as live" with ad breaks galore but didn't in Birmingham which made the show flow a lot better for a live crowd.

• Paid Members

On the subject of times and so on, what time do the house shows normally finish? Same kind of time? I've got a 2 and a half hour drive back to Norwich from Nottingham on Tuesday and I'm always up at 6 for work. Any sleep would be great!

On the subject of times and so on, what time do the house shows normally finish? Same kind of time? I've got a 2 and a half hour drive back to Norwich from Nottingham on Tuesday and I'm always up at 6 for work. Any sleep would be great!

It's only a guess but I would say 10.30ish. Booked myself into a travel lodge coz I didn't fancy driving back that night

Archived