Preston City Wrestling - SpringSlam SOLD OUT

fludder99

• Paid Members
Dave Rayne/Goldust segment

Nice to see Goldust and he was there in full gear. I thought the two worked well on the mic together and would actually like to see a match between the two for the May/June Supershow which they set up. Goldust hits the Curtain Call and walks out...

*The Final Cut

Dave Mastiff Vs Mad Man Manson w/Ted DiBiase

I'm not too familiar with DiBiase but he was good to see him. It was funny seeing him wandering around in a WWE '12 tracky and some running trainers. Now I thought this match was horrible. I think Mastiff is great but fucking hell this match was the drizzles. Manson just isn't my cup of tea, it feels like the routine is part of a joke I have missed out on. During the match Manson puts Mastiff in a Sleeper Hold and "Go to sleep" the baby luluby comes on over the PA.

*Rock-a-bye-baby

Rumble Match

It was abit up and down this one. I thought the beginning and ending were fantastic but wasn't digging the middle part of the match. There was a nice return from Lionheart, a strange elimination by Moss to Liam of Fight Club where he didn't get eliminated and a great combination of T-Bone & Bad News Brown eliminating everyone.

*Rampage Brown

As you were Overly critical of the show I only felt it right to correct you.

Otherwise a good attempt at stringing words together 4/10

Erm, Bad News Brown is Rampage Brown.

Otherwise, a good attempt at cutting someone down. 3/10.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Erm, Bad News Brown is Rampage Brown.

Otherwise, a good attempt at cutting someone down. 3/10.

Thanks! :)

Sorry I wasn't too familiar with that title just as the "reviewer" wasn't too familiar with Ted DiBiase

I thought he meant THE Bad News Brown but as he doesnt even know the Million Dollar Man I should've known that wasnt the case.

Otherwise a good attempt at stringing words together 4/10

I don't particularly understand your arrogance.

but as he doesnt even know the Million Dollar Man I should've known that wasnt the case.

What are you implying?

The fact I don't know Ted DiBiase in person? Or the fact I stated I'm not too familiar with him as it isn't my era of wrestling?

I felt the need to report your post as there was no need to be such a cunt.

Good show was this:-

The opener with Gargano and Noam Dar was good. Noam seems to have adopted a more structured way to his matches in recent times. His jump off the top on to the leg is something that keeps cropping up a bit like the way Randy Orton does his DDT spot I preferred it when he was more unpredictable. That doesn't mean he is any less good, it's just personal preference.

Dave Rayne and Goldust was great, Dave Rayne was as when Masters came out for the Master Lock challenge Festive Fury, in so much that it was like 'I'm in the ring with this guy? No way!' look of incredulity on his face. I Enjoyed it immensely. Match should be a cracker (am assuming they go one on one)

I wasn't expecting much of Dreamer vs T-Bone, I've no idea as to why. I really thought it was good to be fair. T-Bone has been consistently excellent all year thus far.

Mastiff w/Gordon Gilligan vs Manson w/Ted Dibiase was a joy. Loved it to bits, mainly for the Million Dollar Man :love:.

Trav vs Steen, was epic. All kinds of things were going on including a nasty bump on the ring apron towards the end of the match. UKMOTYC thus far if I'm brutally honest.

The rumble didn't click for me. I didn't get into it as much as the Never Give Up one, but that's just me. Joey Hayes getting sparked out from a Mastiff Cannonball was immense as was Daz and (now heel, surely) Dez brawling was also fun I missed the Science Fiction Fandango thing as was having a smoke outside, oops!

A top show all told!

P.S I got to meet the Million Dollar Man, and to be fair that was my night made from then on in. Trav vs Steen being epic and the rest were a bonus.

The rumble didn't click for me. I didn't get into it as much as the Never Give Up one, but that's just me. Joey Hayes getting sparked out from a Mastiff Cannonball was immense as was Daz and (now heel, surely) Dez brawling was also fun I missed the Science Fiction Fandango thing as was having a smoke outside, oops!

Aye, the Rumble didn't do too much for me either. I think it had a lot to do with following Steen vs Travis which was mission impossible in itself but the elimination of Steen and Dreamer after mere moments in the match followed by a stretch of the fat fella, Keith Myatt (treat to see him, just not following the big names), Nordic Warrior and co sort of killed the excitement.

On the plus side, it was nice to see Rampage Brown and the PCW debut(?) of Zack Gallagher. Fully expecting Lionheart to win the title at the supershow weekend and face Noam Dar. Nice to see him back and get the win.

Aye, the Rumble didn't do too much for me either. I think it had a lot to do with following Steen vs Travis which was mission impossible in itself but the elimination of Steen and Dreamer after mere moments in the match followed by a stretch of the fat fella, Keith Myatt (treat to see him, just not following the big names), Nordic Warrior and co sort of killed the excitement.

On the plus side, it was nice to see Rampage Brown and the PCW debut(?) of Zack Gallagher. Fully expecting Lionheart to win the title at the supershow weekend and face Noam Dar. Nice to see him back and get the win.

Zack Gibson, not Gallagher. But yeah, this was his PCW debut and I think he did really well. Definitely looking forward to seeing him in the multi man match at the next show

That's it, getting mixed up with his Futureshock colleague Jack! I haven't seen the line up for the next shows, I'll need to check them out.

As far as I can see the announced matches so far are...

NIGHT ONE

The Steiners vs Fight Club

Dave Mastiff vs Chris Masters vs Johnny Moss vs Rampage Brown

El Ligero vs Martin Kirby vs Kris Travis vs Joey Hayes

Doug Williams vs T-Bone

Noam Dar vs Danny Hope

Dave Rayne & Zema Ion vs Goldust & Mad Man Manson

AFTERNOON SHOW

Doug Williams vs Noam Dar

Kris Travis vs Zema Ion

Dave Rayne vs Chris Masters (Masterlock Challenge rematch)

NIGHT TWO

Doug Williams vs Joey Hayes

Zema Ion vs Mad Man Manson

Chris Masters vs Kris Travis

Dave Mastiff vs El Ligero vs Martin Kirby vs Noam Dar vs Dean Allmark vs Zack Gibson

April Davids vs CJ Banks (with guest referee Lita)

The Steiners vs Team Single (T-Bone & Rampage Brown w/ Bubblegum)

What was the name of the big lad with the keep fit gimmick in the rumble?

Gym Powers (from Runcorn Wrestling Academy)

• Paid Members

Apologies for the delay, but here comes my signature over-long big gay review...

As I'd mentioned previously, it seemed like an awful long time since the last PCW show. After being spoilt over the course of 2012 and the first few weeks of 2013, there had been virtually a 3-month gap between 'Road to Glory' on the first weekend of February and 'Spring Slam' on the last weekend of April.

It isn't a particularly bad idea for a hot promotion to take a little break every now and then. Firstly, it prevents the currently-loyal audience from burn-out. Sure, PCW can seemingly do no wrong at the moment, with them putting out excellent shows seemingly every time, with the enthusiastic, responsive audience lapping it all up and getting into all the characters in a big way. However, as soon as that audience grows tired or thinks they can skip a month/show without missing anything of consequence, then that becomes a detrimental downward spiral. If that audience starts to see some shows on the calendar as 'more skippable' than others, then that effect is amplified. Secondly, by taking a few months off while they are hot, they naturally create a huge demand and interest in seeing the first show back after the break. The loyal audience becomes desperately hungry to see more of what they love.

It almost goes without saying then, that last Friday's first event in nearly 3 months ended up taking place in front of an advance sell-out crowd of more than 800. The awesome-looking line-up certainly helped. While the next official 'supershow' is not until the 31 May/1 June weekender, 'Spring Slam' certainly rivalled that billing with one of the strongest cards PCW has produced to date, featuring matches with current Dragon Gate USA Champion Johnny Gargano, former ROH and PWG World Champion Kevin Steen and former WWE superstar, TNA star and ECW World Champion Tommy Dreamer, as well as appearances from legendary WWF Hall of Famer 'Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase and former WWF Intercontinental and WCW United States Champion Goldust. On top of all that, the headline bout was set as a huge 30-man Rumble and, as we have established, EVERYONE LOVES A RUMBLE (indeed, fellow north-west wrestling promotion GPW achieved their biggest attendance in years by running their own 30-man rumble just down the road 7 days prior).

Having elected to turn down the 'Meet n' Greet' in favour of the 'Beer n' Eat', we headed to the venue earlier than usual in order to secure a decent vantage point: the 800+ sell-out would mean things were likely to get busy. We did right, since we just about managed to get our usual spot near the bar, but by the time the show started the place was utterly rammed out. It was quite a sight to see, as there were people absolutely everywhere, standing 6-7 deep around the room. This made for a red hot atmosphere throughout the entire show, the huge reactions to everything making everyone on the show come over as much bigger stars. Of course, the massive attendance also caused it's problems, as they only had one bar open in the entire venue, with only 2-3 staff serving at any time. This meant the wait at the bar was a minimum of 10 minutes each time, much longer on some occasions.

After the usual introductions for the ring announcer, commentators and referees, the opener saw the aforementioned Johnny Gargano take on Noam Dar. A cracking little match this - nothing spectacular, but just really, really good solid pro wrestling. It was fought at a frantic pace to keep it exciting throughout. They each took a turn to hit a dive through the ropes to the floor, wiping out several of the NEW CHAIRS in the process. Gargano then hit his move where he jumps through the ropes back into the ring directly into a spear on Dar, but when he went for it a second time later on he tasted a stiff face-full of Dar's boot. Noam started working on Johnny's leg in search of the Knee-Fucking-Bar/Champagne Super Knee-Bar/Deep-Fried Knee-Bar, but the American dodged a top-rope double-stomp attempt and managed to lock in the GargaNo Escape (Rings of Saturn, basically). After a lengthy struggle, Dar managed to make the ropes, then picked up where he left off. This time, he hit the double-stomp off the top rope to Gargano

Archived