Preston City Wrestling - SpringSlam SOLD OUT

fludder99

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds great. I've stood for the previous 3 PCW events I've been to so I'm looking forward to the difference of being seated for the event.

I haven't been to a show since Festive Fury, what are the chants like lately? I found some of them very unbearable the last time I was there from that group of sweaty fat "smart fans" who congregate in the corner near the bar.

I've ventured out for front row tickets for this event a while back. I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on what it's like? Just wondering if it's better than standing.

You definitely get a good view...

As I can't view Youtube from work I can only imagine that is a video of someone being flattened by a flying wrestler.

Seriously though as it is a sell out you will be glad you are seated and not stood with prestons unwashed masses. (Of which I am one)

• Paid Members

I've just checked through my emails in a panic to make sure I definitely did buy a ticket to this one. Phew.

Seriously buzzing for this. It seemed like PCW were running a show every month last year, then did 3 in the space of 2 weeks (with an EVE afternoon show thrown in) to start 2013. I never seemed to be away from bloody Preston!! Now, though, it's been virtually 3 months since the last show, and I can't wait to get back.

The card looks awesomely stacked, with every single match being something that I'd be interested in seeing and adding something different to the show. As I've said before (and also in direct relation to the 3CW and GPW shows I've seen on the 2 preceding Friday's before this), EVERYONE loves a good rumble. Can't wait to see what they have planned.

It's also MY BIRTHDAY the next day, so you should all buy me drinks and stuff. :sly: Yeah.

It's also MY BIRTHDAY the next day, so you should all buy me drinks and stuff. :sly: Yeah.

Pint of shandy was it Benny? Plus you'll no doubt be winning the raffle (as usual) :laugh:

Not sure if I'm driving or getting the train in tomorrow, depends how quick my car is fixed up.

I really enjoyed the show last night, top job from everyone involved!

Steen vs Travis was incredible. I was never a big fan of Travis but I thought his match with Chris Masters last year was brilliant and he more than held his own this one, fair play. The atmosphere really amped up when Steen came out and it was a pleasure to see such a hard hitting bout and emotional moment talking about his friend after the match. He was a really nice guy after the show too, he'd ran out of all medium shirts and let me get a photo free of a charge.

T-Bone vs Dreamer was solid too. Enjoyed that one and the brawling outside was a different experience being sat on the front row.

Great show from PCW and my favourite I've attended.

Front row really added to the show I thought and would really recommend it to anybody thinking of getting front row. The wait at the bar was ridiculous. It was taking about 20 minutes to get served at the bar. I don't understand how this was happening as there was staff floating around but only 2-3 staff were serving. I've seen this was a complaint on Facebook this morning and I'd really like to see Lava prepared for a show like this next time.

Noam Darr Vs Johnny Gargano

Pretty good match. I'm not particularly a massive Noam Darr fan but I'm slowly warming to him. I recently got round to watching Johnny Gargano Vs Shingo at Mercury Rising to check out what Gargano was like. It was a decent match between the two. A few dives out of the ring into the crowd and a solid routine in the ring. Enjoyable action and Darr got the win.

Dave Rayne/Goldust segment

Nice to see Goldust and he was there in full gear. I thought the two worked well on the mic together and would actually like to see a match between the two for the May/June Supershow which they set up. Goldust hits the Curtain Call and walks out.

T-Bone Vs Tommy Dreamer

I really enjoyed this one. T-Bone looks like a right tough bastard and I'm a big fan of his style. Dreamer was great to see for nostalgia but looked abit out of shape. There was a few chair shots, action out of the ring and homemade looking table used. During the match T-Bone got thrown out of the ring in front of me. He grabbed my hand and dragged himself up which was one of those "WTF do I do here moments?". Roughly within 2 minutes Dreamer got knocked down in front of me and grabbed both my hands to get up. I felt well awkward and started pissing myself. Here's a photo I'm wearing the yellow cat boots and thesimonbegz is wearing the green jumper.

5cx8k7.jpg

Anyway, great match. Dreamer took a bump onto a steel chair, which still had the price tag on and then got thrown though a table to end it. T-Bone looking tough as nails gets up and starts spitting some blood out of the ring. Great match and I'd really like to see PCW do more Hardcore matches.

Dave Mastiff Vs Mad Man Manson w/Ted DiBiase

I'm not too familiar with DiBiase but he was good to see him. It was funny seeing him wandering around in a WWE '12 tracky and some running trainers. Now I thought this match was horrible. I think Mastiff is great but fucking hell this match was the drizzles. Manson just isn't my cup of tea, it feels like the routine is part of a joke I have missed out on. During the match Manson puts Mastiff in a Sleeper Hold and "Go to sleep" the baby luluby comes on over the PA. Anyway the match ending in a No Contest, I think? After the match DiBiase chocked out Mastiff's manager and put a 20 pound note in his mouth. Which was the only highlight of this one.

Kris Travis Vs Kevin Steen

Hands down the match of the night. I'm warming to Travis and this was his best performance in PCW as of yet. Steen was great and really went all out with Travis. The crowd were really into this one and so was I. There was a spot where Travis bought a McDonalds bag into the ring and tried feeding Steen which was funny. Travis took a Clothesline off the ring apron, onto the wooden floor Rikishi style and it looked brilliant. Travis hit a reverse Hurricarna during the match. Steen hits the package Piledriver for the victory. The crowd stood up in appreciation of this match after and Steen gave a very heart warming speech. Steen mentioned he is going to tell everyone over The States who Kris Travis is.

Rumble Match

It was abit up and down this one. I thought the beginning and ending were fantastic but wasn't digging the middle part of the match. There was a nice return from Lionheart, a strange elimination by Moss to Liam of Fight Club where he didn't get eliminated and a great combination of T-Bone & Bad News Brown eliminating everyone. There was a segment where people started dancing together in the ring which wasn't my cup of tea. With that aside I enjoyed this one and it's great to see a match like this. Lionheart ended up eliminating Dave Rayne to win this one.

I bumped into Richie and Benny when getting some drinks and had a chat. Richie tried having a Stella off me, I would have happily gave it him but I didn't fancy getting back in line for another at the bar. So sorry Richie. After the show Steen and Gargano were hanging around the ring with the fans. Steen was selling some t-shirts. I had a chat with both and got to get photos with the two which was a good way to the end the night. After the show I went to Warehouse which was shit. Bought a chicken burger and fucked off back to the Premier Inn. Good night.

Dave Rayne/Goldust segment

Nice to see Goldust and he was there in full gear. I thought the two worked well on the mic together and would actually like to see a match between the two for the May/June Supershow which they set up. Goldust hits the Curtain Call and walks out...

*The Final Cut

Dave Mastiff Vs Mad Man Manson w/Ted DiBiase

I'm not too familiar with DiBiase but he was good to see him. It was funny seeing him wandering around in a WWE '12 tracky and some running trainers. Now I thought this match was horrible. I think Mastiff is great but fucking hell this match was the drizzles. Manson just isn't my cup of tea, it feels like the routine is part of a joke I have missed out on. During the match Manson puts Mastiff in a Sleeper Hold and "Go to sleep" the baby luluby comes on over the PA.

*Rock-a-bye-baby

Rumble Match

It was abit up and down this one. I thought the beginning and ending were fantastic but wasn't digging the middle part of the match. There was a nice return from Lionheart, a strange elimination by Moss to Liam of Fight Club where he didn't get eliminated and a great combination of T-Bone & Bad News Brown eliminating everyone.

*Rampage Brown

As you were Overly critical of the show I only felt it right to correct you.

Otherwise a good attempt at stringing words together 4/10

Archived