The Magic Thread

Philo_Vance

• Paid Members

Wow, those are fantastic.

Just looking at the range Bicycle and Ellusionist have I could see how collecting cards could become a thing for me. Now that I don't drink I need to find something to spend my time/money on! I'll let you know how I get on with the book. I've deicded to ditch the Svengali cards for now and learn some stuff the Royal way ;)

Wow, those are fantastic.

Just looking at the range Bicycle and Ellusionist have I could see how collecting cards could become a thing for me. Now that I don't drink I need to find something to spend my time/money on! I'll let you know how I get on with the book. I've deicded to ditch the Svengali cards for now and learn some stuff the Royal way ;)

Yeah, Svengali decks and the like are great for certain effects but there's no substitute for the skills that'll enable you to perform something off the cuff, with a borrowed deck, anytime. I'd definitely have a look at the rest of the Theory11 cards, and karnival cards are pretty cool too, as long as you like skulls on everything.

Toured with Knight Magic all over the world, was fantastic and are great people. Hoping to meet up with them in Vegas over the summer.

I can be spotted in this promo video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-6nkTZneYo

I love big stage illusion shows. Not really clued up on the UK scene, seen a few close up shows in pubs and restaurants. Is anyone aware of any big stage shows in the UK happening this year?

Only just noticed this post. What was your role in the show? I'm not one for big stage magic really but there was some quality stuff in there.

Toured with Knight Magic all over the world, was fantastic and are great people. Hoping to meet up with them in Vegas over the summer.

I can be spotted in this promo video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-6nkTZneYo

I love big stage illusion shows. Not really clued up on the UK scene, seen a few close up shows in pubs and restaurants. Is anyone aware of any big stage shows in the UK happening this year?

Only just noticed this post. What was your role in the show? I'm not one for big stage magic really but there was some quality stuff in there.

I was the head of stage crew, was with them all of 2010. Building and packing away their show each night in some of the biggest customised road cases going. During the show I would run one of the wings, setting up the next illusion behind curtains, help make a grand piano suddenly appear (not magic...just impressive) and help the couple in the wings with whatever they needed. I can be seen on stage during the cut a lady in half portion of the video.

Very very cool job which I really enjoyed, physically knackering as well constantly running about working at speed with some big props whilst keeping an eye out on the performers safety on some illusions.

• Moderators
The only magic trick I know is the one where you ask someone to pick a card, split the deck, put it in the middle, spread the deck and pick it back out :(

Will be following this thread with great interest!

Illusion, khemical. A trick is something a whore does for money.

Micken, that sounds fascinating. Must have been a fantastic experience.

In other news, I'm going to a psychobilly show tonight, and a mate I haven't seen for ages is gonna be there, we've agreed to try and grab half an hour for a card session. After a long time of only really practising at home and for a couple of friends and family, I'm very likely going to be roped into doing some stuff for strangers. Actually relatively nervous. Going to spend this afternoon practising.

On another note, I set up my card table and practised with a camera set up on a tripod in front of me hooked up to my TV yesterday. Found it really helped with smoothing out a lot of rough edges. I was also fairly surprised how good some stuff looked. Moves I thought were obvious or a dead giveaway were really smooth. Quite chuffed.

• Paid Members
The only magic trick I know is the one where you ask someone to pick a card, split the deck, put it in the middle, spread the deck and pick it back out :(

Is that an Arrested Development quote?

No. There wasn't anyone called khemical in Arrested Development.

• Paid Members

I think that Chest may have modified it to fit the circumstances. That sly devil.

I think that Chest may have modified it to fit the circumstances. That sly devil.

You've made a huge mistake.

Archived