Team Guv Wrestling

goldeneye86

Came across this website www.the-guvnor.co.uk

Might be a long shot but does this guy still run/promote shows?

He wrestles under ring name 'the guvnor' mickey francis and according to his website he runs shows under team guv entertainment or american wrestling in the UK. (however no show dates annouced since 2010)

Has anyone worked on his shows or seen any of them? what were they like etc?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I went to one. The pot bellied bloke in a German gimmick was doing Nazi salutes to get cheap heat. Which was more than a bit strong for me, or they 100 or so parents there with their kids. Also the "American" heel bloke in army fatigues talked like Zak Dingle. And then he stooged when the 4000 year old ring announcer gave him a 'Put up your dukes'. Stooge for a wrestler, great. But no-one should be stooging for a ring announcer.

Fucking horrible. Seriously, the worst card of wrestling I'd ever been to. Cost about

I went to one. The pot bellied bloke in a German gimmick was doing Nazi salutes to get cheap heat. Which was more than a bit strong for me, or they 100 or so parents there with their kids. Also the "American" heel bloke in army fatigues talked like Zak Dingle. And then he stooged when the 4000 year old ring announcer gave him a 'Put up your dukes'. Stooge for a wrestler, great. But no-one should be stooging for a ring announcer.

Fucking horrible. Seriously, the worst card of wrestling I'd ever been to. Cost about

• Moderators

I remember The Guvnor himself not exactly being great, but nothing else. Which probably says a lot. Repressed it or something.

But The Guvnor himself... yeah... erm. I think there's a match of his on youtube.

Isn't this the same Guv'nor who promoted a show in Manchester for months that revolved around Ricky Hatton being there and Hatton never knew a thing about it?

*Edit - Love the fact he has a DVD available thats "an inside look at the biggest name in British wrestling." What a delusional nob.

• Paid Members

The Guvnor. Mickey Francis. Manchester's Power Uti.

The guy is a known thug and runs several protection rackets in the South and East Manchester area. Real piece of crap.

Archived