Impact Wrestling 17/1

pgi86

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Impact was great. Unveiling Taz as the bloke who ruined the wedding was a waste though. Taz can't wrestle so what's the point? The reaction was mental, though. People were genuinely stunned. Some of the faces in the crowd were like "fuck me!" Hogan was great throughout, Bully Ray played it well and Tommy Dreamer became the first man to take a good kicking from both the Shield and the Aces and 8s within a month. I'd not leave the house if I was him.

As a one off it was excellent. But what are you going to do with a heel Taz? He looked like a comedy Robot walking the aisle.

3p5xyl.jpg

The show was alright, the Aces and 8's ambush was pretty cool, though Tazz's revelation wasn't. He's not a wrestler and won't add anything so what was the point? I'd rather Spike/Runt turn.

Daniels interaction with Hardy was great from him and Kazarian. Actually looking forward to there world title match, Hardy isn't awful imo and Daniels has been on form for a while now.

Glad Jay Bradley got the contract I liked him last week. York and King was a good brawl, I love a good brawl between a pissed off guy and a dick and both did it pretty well.

The Knockout's match was good as usual from Gail Kim and it looks like she'll be feuding with Ref girl. Hope it goes better than Shane Sewell.

Roode and Aries were fantastic again. They really are two of the best right now, so how are they rewarded? A feud with Chavo and Hernandez. Waste, but at least they can save the tag team titles from the Blanditos.

• Paid Members

One thing I realised watching Aries and Roode was, James Storm might be the new Chris Harris. They are awesome together. TNA's tag division looks awesome again, all of a sudden. Kaz and Daniels are turning soon, I imagine. Or maybe Roode and Aries are turning. People seem desperate to want to cheer both. Where as nobody gives a fuck about Chavo and Hernandez and Ryan and Morgan.

I liked the smoke and mirrors at the end, though. Hogan was on his knee helping Brooke out the ring and got a hammer to his back. Nice little trickery to get Hogan out of bumping.

To me, the positive thing about Taz being part of the bikers is that he's a better promo than Devon, Anderson, DOC and the rest of them. Or at least he used to be. It remains to be seen if he still is. If the bikers are going to be a major focus at least they'll now (hopefully) have a good promo guy doing all the talking for them. Plus, this could mean the end of Taz at the announce table, which would be another positive change in my book. Or, I guess, he could become a full-on heel announcer, which could potentially freshen up his old tired announcer act a bit. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see but yeah, I'm perfectly fine with the Taz reveal. It's not great but it's alright.

• Paid Members

They don't need another talker. If they did, they would bring in Bischoff or something. They need a wrestler. Someone who isn't Devon Dudley. I can't see what the big money match will be? Devon is their biggest star. The most obvious thing in the entire world was the Dudley Boyz vs Sting and Hogan. Maybe they'll eventually turn Bully, but the time was last night. I suppose you could do it in England, where real people are in attendance.

Hey, I never said this fixes the issues with the bikers. I'm just saying they'll now have a better spokesperson and that's that. The rest of the issues are still there and you are correct about that - they do need a big name wrestler in the ranks.

It was an alright show. I actually really enjoyed the ending, just for the shock value. But yeah, thinking about it more im not sure what Tazz will bring to Aces & Eights.

Kind of trying to focus on the positives in TNA and thats Roode, Aries, Daniels and Kaz. All 4 are gold at the moment. I actually think a heel v heel tag match between these 4 would be great. But hoping Daniels picks up the World Title in tonights tapings. Cause there is still debate on whether Hardy will be in the UK.

• Paid Members
But hoping Daniels picks up the World Title in tonights tapings.

No fucking chance. More chance of me doing a run in and winning the title. Daniels is funny, but he should never be anywhere near the world title.

EDIT: Actually I really shouldn't say "no chance". Anything is possible in TNA. They are quite insane.

No fucking chance. More chance of me doing a run in and winning the title. Daniels is funny, but he should never be anywhere near the world title.

EDIT: Actually I really shouldn't say "no chance". Anything is possible in TNA. They are quite insane.

Why not? I don't think it will happen yet but i don't see no reason why he can't get it after a lengthy feud. Hopefully the Roode/Aries tag team means we will get a proper Daniels/Hardy program.

The wedding payoff was great, best Ace's and 8s segment there's been (not saying much obviously). Don't know what they're gonna do with Taz but that's the hook. And thank the lords if this means he's off commentary.

• Paid Members

Why not? I don't think it will happen yet but i don't see no reason why he can't get it after a lengthy feud. Hopefully the Roode/Aries tag team means we will get a proper Daniels/Hardy program.

The wedding payoff was great, best Ace's and 8s segment there's been (not saying much obviously). Don't know what they're gonna do with Taz but that's the hook. And thank the lords if this means he's off commentary.

Daniels simply doesn't have that champion aura. His singles matches are still spotty as hell, which only works when you're up against AJ or Joe, who can augment that, or Angle, who can bring him back to a coherent pace.

The only way I can see Daniels being champion is as a transitional Jericho-type, or a JBL-type heat-builder, winning by every short cut imaginable - but I don't think I could watch him as champion for more than a month at most, especially with Roode and Aries around.

Basically, they need to get the belt back on Roode and give him a year-long reign, so that he gets even more to boast about. With only four PPVs a year, that's well within reason.

Tbh I wasn't saying that Daniels should be Champion for the long haul. But he has been on one of the best runs of his career and I feel like he deserve a least one reign as World Champion before the end of his career.

I donno. My opinion is that not having the World Champion wrestle or have in-ring segments between 31st Jan - 21st Feb and then have him only being there for 2 Impacts before Lockdown seems pretty stupid. I know they can do backstage segments, but really? I'd rather see Daniels as Champion than having to sit through Hardy's inner monologues or whatever other stuff they have for him backstage.

• Paid Members
Tbh I wasn't saying that Daniels should be Champion for the long haul. But he has been on one of the best runs of his career and I feel like he deserve a least one reign as World Champion before the end of his career.

I donno. My opinion is that not having the World Champion wrestle or have in-ring segments between 31st Jan - 21st Feb and then have him only being there for 2 Impacts before Lockdown seems pretty stupid. I know they can do backstage segments, but really? I'd rather see Daniels as Champion than having to sit through Hardy's inner monologues or whatever other stuff they have for him backstage.

In fairness, he's been a pretty faithful hand for TNA, so I suppose a run as champ, even a short one, would be a nice way to reward him, especially as his big rival has had so many. It would also add to his current thing of burying AJ.

Archived