Best Tag Team of 2012

Ronnie

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Awards Moderator

Kazarian & Daniels for me. I love the PTP but can't think of anything memorable they've done since debuting. Hell No would be a close second, it's breathed fresh air into Kane more than the remasking did, and it would be lovely if for once they didn't do a feuding-partners angle with them when the team ends.

Yep, Kaz and Daniels 100%. Funny antics and great matches - perfect. Hell No are a great double-act, but the lack of proper high-level consistent teams to face has been the problem. Plus of course the "Yes - No" stuff stopped being funny months back. WWE just love beating those dead horses.

I don't get the love for TPTP. Titus on commentary was the best thing they've ever done, he was great fun. Darren Young is the poster-boy for "bland, cookie-cutter developmental guys" though. Awful.

Kaz and Daniels by a mile. They've both had the best matches of their career, and often stolen the show, against a variety of opponents, and been ridiculously entertaining heels into the bargain.

• Paid Members

Both Kaz and Daniels and the Prime Time Players have really impressed me this year. Before then I couldn't stand any of the four men but as a team they've managed to really work well together and win me over. I'm going with PTP purely because I saw absolutely nothing in either of them and now they're a constant highlight, even if they alternate between getting loads of air-time and being totally absent from television.

I'm gutted Hell No are winning this based on a few good segments and presumably because plenty of people don't watch Impact. TNA was actual good for much of this year, and Kaz and Daniels were amazing even when it wasn't. I ended up bumming them in the heel thread by accident so I'll leave it there. I hope more TNA viewers are still to vote.

NEWM, this is the way these awards always go. There are a ton of lurkers who pretty much only watch WWE, and that comes out in the voting. Look at how Bobby Roode is unaccountably not in the shortlist for Best Wrestler.

• Paid Members
NEWM, this is the way these awards always go. There are a ton of lurkers who pretty much only watch WWE, and that comes out in the voting. Look at how Bobby Roode is unaccountably not in the shortlist for Best Wrestler.

He wasn't kept off the list by a bunch of lurkers though, Loki. He only received 2 nominations, the same as Michael Elgin and Big Show. The cut-off was 5.

You're right, Ronnie. No disrespect to your Awards Monitoring, I was just making an observation that this place is more WWE-leaning than you'd think sometimes.

• Paid Members

I didn't take umbrage at anything, Loki, don't worry. I thought I'd offer a bit of insight into why he didn't make the list, in that it wasn't that he had a lot of support among visible members but a horde of unseen kept him off the ballot, but rather that he didn't have that much support, even among those who watch TNA.

You're quite correct about the WWE bias although, ironically given this particular thread, not in the nominations for tag team. I can't remember the details but Punk is massively ahead in one of these polls in spite of nobody posting that they've voted for him. I suspect it's the more "typical" sort of fan who lurks rather than posts here at work. There was even a nomination for best performance which was just "Punk" with no other form of context!

• 3 weeks later...

Probably isn't fair to the TNA teams but I expected Hell No to dominate this and they have. I still find most of their backstage skits amusing all these months later. Bryan is great, of course, and I've always had a soft spot for Kane so it was nice to see him in a role where he's an over and useful part of the roster.

The only thing I don't like about them is why they have Kane play face-in-peril. You'd think Bryan would be the Ricky Morton of the team. Funnily enough, when Kane was teaming with The Big Show last year and they'd have Show do all the selling and Kane as the hot tag guy.

Perhaps they just think Bryan gets a bigger pop from his signature moves, although I've noticed that in other WWE teams over the last decade or so (Rosey and Hurricane and The Hart Dynasty would also do this at times) as well so I'm not sure if that's their own doing or if it's something WWE likes to have as part of their established in-ring style because it goes against 'traditional wrasslin' (similar to people always losing in their hometown). At times it seems like WWE all about breaking conventions, whether they need to be or not.

Edited by TheBigBoot

• Paid Members
Probably isn't fair to the TNA teams but I expected Hell No to dominate this and they have. I still find most of their backstage skits amusing all these months later. Bryan is great, of course, and I've always had a soft spot for Kane so it was nice to see him in a role where he's an over and useful part of the roster.

The only thing I don't like about them is why they have Kane play face-in-peril. You'd think Bryan would be the Ricky Morton of the team. Funnily enough, when Kane was teaming with The Big Show last year and they'd have Show do all the selling and Kane as the hot tag guy.

I think as Kane gets older, he's less able to be the hot tag recipient and thus the face in peril is perfect when you've got someone with the stamina of Daniel Bryan to come on and pick up the pace.

• Awards Moderator

I think as Kane gets older, he's less able to be the hot tag recipient and thus the face in peril is perfect when you've got someone with the stamina of Daniel Bryan to come on and pick up the pace.

In kayfabe terms, I guess the other team would see Kane as the bigger threat, so he would be the focus of any beatdowns that occur. If a fresh Kane (I won't post that picture from my Rumble review again) came in towards the end of a match, the opponents would be annihilated, so if they can wear him down and take him out before that can happen, they have a better chance of winning - because, although Bryan has a high impact repertoire, he's probably the easier of the two to put away.

That's the justification I'd give, anyway.