Lumberjack matches

AshC

I always liked Diesel/Sid at IYH2. It was a fun match in itself (although I think it's generally hated by most workrate obsessives), it set up a new feud, and most important of all, it was a cracking snapshot of the colourful, weird and wonderful gimmicks that epitomised the new-generation WWF in 1995. Even Tekno team 2000 were in there!

Steamboat/Vader as mentioned earlier, and Hacksaw/HBk were enjoyable too, as was Tatanka/Crush in one of their KOTR qualifiers.

The funniest lumberjack matches are in lucha libre though, where they all just frantically run around like blue arsed flies hell bent on whipping the hell out of anyone who dares venture the wrong side of the ropes. Looks all the more comical when it's midgets doing it too, as is often the case.

I always liked Diesel/Sid at IYH2. It was a fun match in itself (although I think it's generally hated by most workrate obsessives), it set up a new feud, and most important of all, it was a cracking snapshot of the colourful, weird and wonderful gimmicks that epitomised the new-generation WWF in 1995. Even Tekno team 2000 were in there!

I believe that was the first PPV appearance of HHH also.

Steamboat/Vader as mentioned earlier, and Hacksaw/HBk were enjoyable too, as was Tatanka/Crush in one of their KOTR qualifiers.

The funniest lumberjack matches are in lucha libre though, where they all just frantically run around like blue arsed flies hell bent on whipping the hell out of anyone who dares venture the wrong side of the ropes. Looks all the more comical when it's midgets doing it too, as is often the case.

Yeah, in lucha it's just a bit of fun. Which is really the best use you can get out of it really.

Archived