UFC 150: 'Henderson vs Edgar 2'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had it 49-46 for Edgar, could've gave it 48-47 as the 3rd was close, but either way I had Edgar winning. That fight cost me my acca last night, but like David I'm kinda happy with the result. I'd much rather see Henderson vs. Diaz and I want to see Edgar down at 145. I think Diaz will beat Henderson.

Another for Edgar, had him clearly winning 3 rounds, edging the third round, Henderson winning the first.

It wasnt as exciting as the Japan fight, but I felt Edgar clearly won and my Edgar fanboy blinders stop me from seeing how Henderson was scored to have won 3 rounds.

Im going to be in a bad mood with MMA until the strikeforce show.

This fight was much closer than their first fight. I had Edgar winning 4-1, but I can easily see someone scoring it 3-2 to Henderson.

Even though I had Edgar winning, I am happy with the decision because Edgar didn't deserve a rematch anyway as Henderson wont he first fight convincingly IMO.

I had it for Edgar as well, giving Henderson the 1st frame only. In a way I'm happy with the result, as I feel Diaz/Henderson will be a better fight. Edgar should drop down though, it makes sense.

HE. Just. WON. THAT. FIGHT>

It doest make sense.... It makes the least sense!!!

Had it 4-1 Edgar, but the end result doesn't bother me too much, as I wanted Henderson vs. Diaz more than Edgar vs. Diaz.

Cerrone vs Guillard was about as crazy as a 75 second fight can be. Shortest fight in UFC history to win FOTN, and well deserved. I was screaming at the TV, "HOLY SHIT HE FUCKING KILLED HIM!" but then again, I would have went ballistic for almost anything after the chore of watching Jake Shields fight.

Frustratingly, I can't even objectively call it "lay and pray", because Shields was actually really active in trying to change positions and GnP, it was just really ineffective.

Buddy Roberts was surprising. It was pretty clear to everyone that he would lose, but that shouldn't have included him. He gave up the moment it hit the ground, didn't even try and move or do anything besides let Okami punch his arms. It was the opportunity of a lifetime, he should have went for broke.

Lawrence vs. Holloway was a nice little fight, slightly surprised at the result. Holloway really shifted into 6th gear after a pretty measured approach to the first 9:30 of the fight.

Terrible start to the prediction league round, something like 27 points. Pretty sure it's my worst effort yet.

I had it for Edgar as well, giving Henderson the 1st frame only. In a way I'm happy with the result, as I feel Diaz/Henderson will be a better fight. Edgar should drop down though, it makes sense.

Of course it does. What would you have him do? Fight another lightweight then face the winner of Henderson/Diaz? That's fine as long as Diaz wins, but I have no doubt that they won't do another Edgar/Henderson fight any time soon.

• Paid Members

Add another vote for Edgar from me, I had him winning the last 4 rounds, with Benson taking the first. It sucks for Edgar, but another contentious decision is not what the UFC brass wanted when they're trying to keep the division ticking over after the log-jam we've had. It seems Nate is going to get his shot before the year is out, and Dana has hinted that Cowboy and Pettis will fight for number one contendership next too. Edgar shouldn't have to go to 145, he's not guaranteed an immediate title shot now either, but the queue for that is going to be much smaller, so I see him going there. It really is a shitty situation for him though.

Cerrone/Guillard was ridiculous, I was on my feet and I thought Mel had it in the bag. What a fucking round that was. Unbelievable. Pettis/Cerrone is going to be fantastic. I think it's safe to say Guillard will probably never be a contender, the guy is still a decent age, but he's always at a severe disadvantage on the ground, and he has so many fights under his belt, you got to think that they are catching up with him now. I'll always have a soft spot for him though. I'd love to see Guillard/Barboza coming off of this.

Rest of the main show was ok. Lawrence/Hollway was a nice little opener. The prelims also continued to be great. Dennis Bermudez really looks something doesn't he?

ibkE4PUfO6L3Mg.gif

Of course it does. What would you have him do? Fight another lightweight then face the winner of Henderson/Diaz? That's fine as long as Diaz wins, but I have no doubt that they won't do another Edgar/Henderson fight any time soon.

What? Frankie Edgar is the shining example that you can hold your own while staying on your normal weight.

Henderson might be a freak when it comes to conditioning but to have Edgar go down in weight is bullshit. He's the fucking ex champ!! You go down in weight if you are getting tossed around because of your size.

Really can't believe this attitude, its like you believe that going down in weight is setting the difficulty from normal to easy.

• Paid Members

What? Frankie Edgar is the shining example that you can hold your own while staying on your normal weight.

Henderson might be a freak when it comes to conditioning but to have Edgar go down in weight is bullshit. He's the fucking ex champ!! You go down in weight if you are getting tossed around because of your size.

Really can't believe this attitude, its like you believe that going down in weight is setting the difficulty from normal to easy.

What the fuck are you on? "Really can't believe this attidude"? What attitude is that? At no point has David said he doesn't belong at Lightweight. The simple fact is the lightweight division is stacked, and what David - and possibly others - are saying is that perhaps the queue is too big for Frankie to work his way back to a title shot and it may make more sense to go down a weight class.

Moving down whilst not guaranteed a shot, he is only one fight away from it.

What the fuck are you on? "Really can't believe this attidude"? What attitude is that? At no point has David said he doesn't belong at Lightweight. The simple fact is the lightweight division is stacked, and what David - and possibly others - are saying is that perhaps the queue is too big for Frankie to work his way back to a title shot and it may make more sense to go down a weight class.

I don't quite know what 1SinN6 is on about to be honest. A move down opens up some fresh fights for Edgar, and a chance to become a two-weight UFC champion. Obviously he can compete at lightweight, but if his main drive is winning titles he's better served by moving down in weight, as he won't be getting a crack at the belt any time soon, and rightfully so.

As Dave Doyle on MMA Fighting pointed out, Edgar has one win in his last four since January 2011. That's not the record of someone due another title crack anytime soon.

I will say that when people talk about Edgar moving down in weight, most cite the potential awesomeness of Edgar vs Aldo as a reason why. Personally, I think Aldo eats Edgar alive in a fight. He has great TDD and way better striking, his power is leagues ahead of Edgar, just as quick and is the naturally bigger man. Look at how much trouble Edgar had with Bendo's kicks, Aldo would tear his leg apart. Aldo would embarrass him.

I don't quite know what 1SinN6 is on about to be honest. A move down opens up some fresh fights for Edgar, and a chance to become a two-weight UFC champion. Obviously he can compete at lightweight, but if his main drive is winning titles he's better served by moving down in weight, as he won't be getting a crack at the belt any time soon, and rightfully so.

As Dave Doyle on MMA Fighting pointed out, Edgar has one win in his last four since January 2011. That's not the record of someone due another title crack anytime soon.

Dana White has said that he thought Edgar won the fight.. that would mean he's not out of the title picture at all. People were saying that he should move down after a draw with Gray Maynard... then he STOPPED Gray in the second fight.

He lost a unan dec against Henderson.. nobody stepped up (pettis was silent, Ceronne got KO'ed), he got a rematch because of all the rematches he had to put up with and put on a better performance against the same guy in the second fight!!!

Why isnt everybody on Henderson's case for not winning more impressivly? Henderson looked pretty bland and not motivated at all. Why wasnt he more impressive against a 'small' Edgar the second time around?? Henderson was LESS impressive in this fight.

Archived