2012/2013 Scottish Football Thread

David

McCoist is a terrible manager, but he's not to blame for this. A real doing was always on the cards for them in this fixture. As far as embarrassing results go, it doesn't really get any worse than losing to the bottom team in Scottish league football (when the manager of whom wasn't present because he was on his honeymoon) so I don't know what people were expecting today.

He's nowhere near the level of idiocy of Charles Green, who has once again shown everyone that he is pig ignorant and a moron to boot. His orchestration of the boycott has led to a civil war in Govan because fans who turned up are being outed as "scabs" and having their details posted on Facebook and Twitter.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Saturday is going to be one of the most nervy games I've experienced. Morton win, and we go eleven points clear at the top of division one. That's with Partick on three games in hand. The likely hood of them winning all of them games ( Dumbarton and Hamilton are among them ) not being great, a draw isn't a disaster, but if we win, the pressure is on them in a big way, while if they win, the belief will sky rocket for Partick going into them three games in hand.

It's going to be horrible.

Will Morton be allowed in the SPL with that stadium?

I'm sure they have seats from Love Street in a storage shed somwhere. Atleast that's the story I was told a to why they will be prepared for promotion should they win it.

We do have the absolute monstrosity of an away stand from Love Street. We'd still miss the requirement for the SPL which we could meet with a temporary stand in the Sinclair Street end.

If it comes to it, we groundshare for a wee bit. It's no biggie.

We need to get there first of course.

I really wanted a win today, but given we were down 2-0, Morton 2-2 Partick Thistle looks much better now.

Our defense was a bit of a shambles, we were second to so many balls and the effort wasn't there in places. This has happened far too many times this season, but for whatever reason, we keep getting away with it.

When does it go the the final vote with regards the re-structuring of Scottish Football and do my Scottish Football following co-habittors on the UKFF think?

Doesn't go far enough. They need to stop protecting the bottom six in the SFL. Instead, reorganise the senior and junior games and in three to five years sort out the SFL. Nobody can convince me East Stirlingshire are anymore deserving of a place in a national league than a top junior club are.

Archived