2012/2013 Scottish Football Thread

David

More going forward was pretty clear going by the three goals, but defensively you looked horrid today. Every time Aberdeen got the ball wide you looked nervous as fuck, which is a massive leak to have in a league filled with good wide players at the moment. Also, coupon busting pricks! :angry:

Defensively we looked horrid? Seriously? Apart from Fraser Kerr at full back we looked solid, and he was brought in to replace Ramsden. Hutchinson looked the part, and Hammell and Cummins were decent as well.

I still can't fathom why McCall is playing Hately in midfield right enough :confused:

I would have taken a point before the game, so I'm happy enough with that. Bring on the blue bigots midweek!

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Coupon buster? You bet on Aberdeen NOT drawing at home this season? WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

When am I going to see anything bar a draw this season? Celtic doesn't count. Langfield lost that game on his own. ;)

Oh on the subject of Langfield. His distribution is still as woeful as ever!

• Paid Members
Oh on the subject of Langfield. His distribution is still as woeful as ever!

Thing is we know he can't kick, but why were the defence then putting him under pressure with silly backpasses?

I didn't see any silly ones.

The goalkick that he played to Hughes with two strikers beside him, oh my god!

Celtic will struggle until Christmas, going by yesterday, they looked completely average against a Dundee side with 6 missing first teamers from the starting 11. Motherwell NEED 3points today to keep their momentum. Having seen both teams against us, to me Motherwell have more going forward if Ojaama plays, Davidson kept Hooper very quiet yesterday, goal aside.

From my seat, we were totally dominant. We had 23 shots, we just didn't put the ball in the net. If we improve our finishing, then we should do fine.

Celtic will struggle until Christmas, going by yesterday, they looked completely average against a Dundee side with 6 missing first teamers from the starting 11. Motherwell NEED 3points today to keep their momentum. Having seen both teams against us, to me Motherwell have more going forward if Ojaama plays, Davidson kept Hooper very quiet yesterday, goal aside.

From my seat, we were totally dominant. We had 23 shots, we just didn't put the ball in the net. If we improve our finishing, then we should do fine.

To me, you'll struggle up against any side with balls to attack, if we hadn't set our stall out to contain, our early chances showed a team who is pretty frail. I'd likely half that number of shots from my view, but hey, it doesn't matter when we can't take our own very limited chances. Overall your performance was as lackadaisical a your crowd were to me, no pace, no real class shining through, but certainly enough on the day to deservedly beat us. I did find the BBC comment funny though that we should be happy to not have been hammered by 5 or 6 considering the above.

Conceding 3 goals to Aberdeen! :laugh:

The players are guilty as charged when it comes to complacency. Due to the fact that we've cuffed you numerous times in recent years we obviously thought the game was over at 3-1. Fuck, we even gave you a goal start and still came back to score three.

Motherwell were fucking dreadful tonight. They played like they didn't give a toss. Rangers went out and played like a team with a point to prove right from the word go, and then showed even more ambition in the second half when they probably realised that Motherwell were there for the taking.

I honestly believe it's a mental thing when we play Rangers. It doesn't matter how good their players are, the simple fact that they're wearing Rangers shirts is enough to beat Motherwell.

I don't understand the stick for McCall either, as that was the exact same team, formation and tactics used with great effect against Aberdeen. He didn't change anything. The belief was that the performance we got against them would be enough to see off that Rangers side, and I thought that would be the case.

Disappointing to say the least.

For McCall it's always going to be a double loss when losing to Rangers because he was so closely associated with the club. 'Well fans will most likely slag him off for it regardless.

Haven't you been listening to various Celtic fans? It's all a conspiracy! McCall sends his team out there with the intention of them "lying down" to Rangers. Fuck the fact that the guys at Motherwell could probably do with their win bonuses and suchlike, it's all about letting Rangers win and making sure we only play against Celtic.

For McCall it's always going to be a double loss when losing to Rangers because he was so closely associated with the club. 'Well fans will most likely slag him off for it regardless.

Haven't you been listening to various Celtic fans? It's all a conspiracy! McCall sends his team out there with the intention of them "lying down" to Rangers. Fuck the fact that the guys at Motherwell could probably do with their win bonuses and suchlike, it's all about letting Rangers win and making sure we only play against Celtic.

When Darren Randolph has said after a past game that McCall had sent them out against Rangers with tactics they hadn't even practised in training, then people have a right to question. Just for the record, I don't believe Motherwell purposely lie down, I also think it's a mental thing. A bit like Celtic European Away record was. One win and it'll be sorted.

Archived