2012/2013 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Poor performance from us (Celtic) today but credit where credit is due, Ross County played a stormer, in particular Brittain and their keeper. We had a good few chances but were still very, very lucky to come away with a point, I had Ross County for going back down this season but if they can continue with that style of play it might be a very different story.

If they continue that style of play they'll be missing half their team through suspension.

Not wanting to sound like I'm on the wind-up, but Celtic fans say that about every team who doesn't stand back and let them play. This is the SPL, you have to expect a tougher, more physical game here than you get in some other leagues.

I didn't think County were dirty at all. Physical? Yes. There's a difference though.

They only had one booking. Lenient ref?

I'd say so. Not that I'm blaming the result on that, we didn't really deserve to draw to be honest, we got lucky.

Been listening to Radio Clyde much? We deserved to win the the game. We hit the bar twice and their goalkeeper made a number of good saves. Yes, we weren't at the races, but this whole "Ross County deserved to win" thing is completely false.

I'd say so. Not that I'm blaming the result on that, we didn't really deserve to draw to be honest, we got lucky.

Been listening to Radio Clyde much? We deserved to win the the game. We hit the bar twice and their goalkeeper made a number of good saves. Yes, we weren't at the races, but this whole "Ross County deserved to win" thing is completely false.

Aye pretty much. I thought they deserved something from it, but if they did lose the game they could hardly complain, and Derek Adams is a cunt for bringing up the three minutes injury time, as if the time wasting of his side did nothing to help that.

I don't listen to Clyde at all. I thought we were poor and we don't deserve to win games when we can't put the ball in the back of the net with that amount of chances. The one positive to take is it surely shows Peter Lawwell how much we need a striker.

I don't listen to Clyde at all. I thought we were poor and we don't deserve to win games when we can't put the ball in the back of the net with that amount of chances. The one positive to take is it surely shows Peter Lawwell how much we need a striker.

I have a feeling that Lawwell will open the cheque book if and when Celtic get into the Champions League group stages.

I have a feeling that Lawwell will open the cheque book if and when Celtic get into the Champions League group stages.

Can't see it, there's murmurings going around online that the upcoming financial results are going to be pretty horrible - which wouldn't surprise me, considering the excessive size of squad and mass of deadwood on the books last season. If another striker does come in, I think there's more chance of it being a loan.

In light of events this summer, I can't see there being too much discontent at the lack of activity though - gotta live within your means to survive.

• Paid Members

I'll take 2-0 away from home any day of the week. Big Forstrer was tremendous last night and helped get the clean sheet (Helsinborgs were poor in front of goal though). We had 4 other great chances too so we should beat them at home. Congratulations to Sevco for reaching the group stages of the Ramsdens cup.

Morton lost 2-0 to Aberdeen in the League Cup. A very good performance from Morton. We did sit back quite a bit, but showed a LOT of intent when we had the ball, and managed to create a few chances and gave Aberdeen a couple of genuine scares, particularly in the second half. Archie Campbell was a real threat for us in the second, and Tony Wallace showed a lot of confidence when he came on as well. Our star man was, as always, Bachirou, who put in a hell of a shift. I genuinely can't believe there isn't a better club who he can do a job for.

Morton lost 2-0 to Aberdeen in the League Cup. A very good performance from Morton. We did sit back quite a bit, but showed a LOT of intent when we had the ball, and managed to create a few chances and gave Aberdeen a couple of genuine scares, particularly in the second half. Archie Campbell was a real threat for us in the second, and Tony Wallace showed a lot of confidence when he came on as well. Our star man was, as always, Bachirou, who put in a hell of a shift. I genuinely can't believe there isn't a better club who he can do a job for.

We couldn't agree the compo required for him from you boys, I really wanted him too.

Archived